My New Aftershave Obsession: Pure Shea Nut Oil

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

I've ran the gauntlet of countless aftershaves to find out what works for me and doesn't. I usually try to avoid ingredients like alcohol or any other preservatives that aren't too "natural." I've been a Wet Shave Minimalist throughout most of my wet shaving career and generally like to keep my aftershaves with the least amount of ingredients/additives as possible.

I'm always looking for balms with natural conditioning oils in them, like - jojoba, rosehip seed, cocoa, and shea. So, I figured I'd cut out the middle man and just buy the straight oils. I picked myself up some 100% Pure Shea Nut Oil and it absolutely the best aftershave "balm" I've ever tried. My skin is astoundingly smooth and irritation free. Best of all, it absorbs super quickly and doesn't leave my face looking and feeling like an oil slick.

This, coupled with my generic witch hazel and Lucky Tiger are now my absolute go-to's when it comes to aftershaves.

Just figured I'd share :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I use unrefined shea butter after every shave. It is the best moisturizer I've ever used, and it prevents irritation. I'll sometimes skip the witch hazel or alum but never the shea butter.

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Very interesting. I have been thinking about picking up a bottle of lanolin to add to lathers to give them a boost. May have to keep this stuff in mind next time I go to the health food store.

4. Legend In My Spare Time

I even use this on my hair/scalp when I'm in the shower. Great for my chapped lips in this Massachusetts winter as well. The smell is pretty neutral to me, even though I've heard others complain about it. Overall, this is now my new favorite skin care product and it is 100% pure and natural.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

I may have to give this a shot. I currently use Dolerma and Primolan and they are amazing.

6. Legend In My Spare Time

Been using this daily for months and I'm only a 1/4th of the way through the bottle. Best stuff ever for chapped lips, damaged hair, and skin. :)