My New "Cooncat" Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Nov 28, 2011.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Hi Guys

Just got my new razors from Bob and they are beautiful. Both are New Long Combs (One was a short but I changed it) and shave very well. The balance and heft are terrific and both are easy to hold. Even though I make most of my own razor handles when you see craftsmanship like Bobs' it's hard not add them to your shaving rotation. Besides I don't work in metal so it was easy to justify my purchase.:)

P1000996.JPG P1000997.JPG P1000998.JPG P1000999.JPG

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Niiiiiice! May they shave you well for many years to come.

3. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Mmmm, shiny.:drool: I've talked myself out of getting one of his specials several times, but will probably give in to temptation eventually. He makes such a big variety, and I've never read a less than positive comment about them.

I keep wanting to see the one with the thicker handle as a TTO for some reason, even though I know it isn't. They both look great.

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Looks awesome Huck. I've really been eyeing a CCB handle for my 2011 R-41. I've been meaning to ask him if he has the thread pattern yet.....

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Drool, Drool, Nice Razors you have there!

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Very nice. I really like the Improved handle. How is the grip on the fluted Bull Mastiff?

Bob - The R41 here attaches securely to both of my BRW handles. I have an Improved and a Bull Mastiff that occasionally take the R41 for a spin. Most of the time they wear Old Type heads.

battle.munky likes this.
  7. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Wow, amazing.

8. AABCDS

AABCDS Member

Great pictures! I really like the fluted handle.

9. huck1680

Thanx guys

Grip on both of the razors is just fine, not slippery when wet really well balanced with good heft

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

They look great! What do you mean when you say one of them was a short tooth but you changed it? You got a new head for it?

11. huck1680

I'd ordered the handles with both long and short heads and changed the short when it got here with another long I'd already had

12. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Great looking handles, Huck! I hope they provide you with many great shaves.

13. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Very Nice, Huck!! All of my razors (except TTOs) have BRW handles. This week I'm sending Bob my Merkur Slant for conversion. From a sledgehammer to a wrecking ball.

14. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

You know I've looked at the one with the spiral knurling many times before but never really liked it until I saw your pictures; the handle really reminds me of a throwing dart.

I think the R41 head would look pretty good on the end of one of those....

15. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Great looking handles, Nice one Aaron i couldn't think what they reminded me of and your right darts. being English and northern I like darts.:)

Sodapopjones likes this.
  16. Sodapopjones

Here's a quick shot of mine most of the bars don't have real dart boards here anymore they just sit in my keepsake drawer.

IMGP0521.JPG

The pair on the left I bought when I was 10 in Fiji, the pair on the right are a set of Unicorn's I got in Hawaii when I got to come back for a brief vacation; ahh memories.

alpla444 likes this.
  17. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

any propper pub round my area has a dart board:). thats a nice looking tungsten set on the right.

18. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Now I want to dig out my sets of darts and get a new board.

19. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

20. Sodapopjones