My personal weekly focus/challenge

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jorvaljr, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I've tried adding water to the point that it's runny.. lol funny thing is I had it runny and it still started to dry ..

2. Jorvaljr

Week 6 shave: hoffritz slant
    IMG_3784.jpg
    This razor is such a great looking razor. Now my razor doesn't have all the milky white finish left but I love the profile of it. In the past I haven't been able to get a great shave out of it. I'm looking to tomorrows shave!

So the razor is not a good shaver for me. To me it's too aggressive. I played with the angle quite a bit and I can't find what works for me. I have razor burn and irritation galore. Unfortunately I'm not keeping her and she gets put into the sale bin. Im a little sad about this one.:sad023:

Results : Its a goner

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Paul Turner and PickledNorthern like this.
  3. Jorvaljr

A couple of shaves so far and it isn't looking good. I've tried the personna blue and the shaves feel very rough. I keep getting weepers. I'm changing the blade to an Astra sp

PickledNorthern likes this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Well, if it shaves anything like the modern Merkur version, I would definitely put it on the auction block. I know a LOT of people love them, but I thought it was a downright obnoxious razor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr likes this.
  5. Jorvaljr

So I put aside the hoffritz razor and decided to go with the goodwill razor. The hoffritz was just slicing me up!
    IMG_3797.jpg
    First shave with it wasn't great but I'm pretty sure it was due to the bad shaves I got from the hoffritz. I ended the shave with my tech just so I don't continue to irritate my skin further.

6. Jorvaljr

An update. The past couple of weeks have been quite hectic. I had company conference and some personal stuff come up. I completed my shave with the second goodwill and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I got decent shaves but not great. A couple of them were not so good, but I think this one time I may set it to the side and see if I come back to it soon and try again.

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Week 9 shave: Aristocrat OC Deluxe
    IMG_3857.jpg
    So I didn't get a chance to post this weeks shave with this razor. I had the chance to buy another and replace the original with the one I just bought. so I went back and revisited the razor. This razor is such a great shaver. A tad aggressive but was great at being efficient . The razor really surprised me and although I did get weepers it was usually from overshaving. This is definitely a keeper and I'm glad!

8. Jorvaljr

Week 10 shave : English OC
    IMG_3858.jpg
    Starting this week with razor and I'm diggin it! I got a great shave this morning. My only critisism with this razor is the handle. It's a tad too narrow. But I can over look that considering how well it shaves. It's almost as smooth as my tech. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week.