My poor Dad

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by crackstar, Mar 22, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Jeff, my heart goes out to you and your family. I wish I could do something more to help you, but knowing that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers will have to do.

Jayaruh, RaZorBurn123 and crackstar like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

You're doing a great job as it is my friend. :)

Robyflexx, RaZorBurn123 and dustmite like this.
  3. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

Don't let that happen, time is the biggest healer. Just have faith on God.

Jayaruh and crackstar like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I agree.

If praying is within you, and you are a believer, then pray, ask for inner peace and healing. Often.

Jayaruh, RaZorBurn123 and crackstar like this.
  5. crackstar

I have unwavering faith in God and I pray to Him to ease my Dad's suffering.

6. crackstar

Our family doctor told me that as time goes by Dad will become more and more feeble, he'll want to sleep more, and one night he'll go to sleep quietly and peacefully, and God will take care of him. When he said that that I burst into tears. I just couldn't stop crying.

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

We all go through hard times, there is no need go it alone reach out to your friends, keep posting here and seek professional help too. I had to go through a similar situation with my best friend who was like a big brother to me. I also had to overcome the suicide of friend and then years later the suicide of my wife. It seems unbearable but remember you have friends and people who love you. Keep reaching out to others for help.

I wish I had some wisdom or magic words that would ease your pain. Having been through some very dark times I assure you it does get better over time. It is good to grieve and will help. All my thoughts are with you my friend.

8. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

God Bless You Jeff. We're in your corner over here in Omaha Nebraska. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

RaZorBurn123, Jayaruh and crackstar like this.
  9. crackstar

God bless all you wonderful people for your support.

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am continuing to pray for you, Jeff, and your family. Just trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. God is always continually working in all things for the good of His elect, those who trust in Him. Keep the faith. God has a will and purpose in everything. We may not know it, but we must trust Him for it.

11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I am praying for you and your family, my friend. I can't do much but offer prayers and be here to talk if you ever need.

Robyflexx, RaZorBurn123 and crackstar like this.
  12. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Jeff, I have been where you are. I know it is extremely difficult and that the pain/suffering can be overwhelming. Please do not let it consume you and please take care of yourself by eating even when you don't feel like it and getting rest when you can. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Jeff, I'm so sorry. I'll continue to pray for you and your father. See if you can do something for 30 minutes every day that gets your mind off of it. That might give you time to recharge. Exercise, go for a walk, watch a funny tv show, call an old friend... if you had just a bit of "me" time, it could help you to refocus. It is something that worked for me.

RaZorBurn123 and crackstar like this.
  14. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

Don't Worry my freind, Worrying on things which are out of our reach can't resolve the problems. Keep Faith on God. May I know how's your father now? He is eating food properly? Is he bedridden?

15. crackstar

Thanks so much for your concern. May God bless and reward you. :)

He eats well, bathes and shaves (with an electric razor) daily and dresses and undresses with no assistance. However, his memory is very bad and his confusion is increasing. Before all this he was a big, physically powerful man who loved walking, swimming, and even boxing. He's still strong but now he needs a walker and he wants to take longer naps. At least as I said, he's still not out of it but eventually...........:(

DaltonGang and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  16. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

I can literally feel your pain :( its very heart breaking seeing a strong man gets in to bad plight, but hey, he is father and fathers are always strong :) its kids job to give him smile till his last hold :) and I am sure your are very good son. Don't show your worried face to him, he will stress seeing you worried face and things will worst. Stay calm and assist him as it is your lovely duty for him. Make him feel as if everything happy. And even in this situation he is eating food , shaving, dressing well thats the real man out there :) he is still strong my friend. And m not replying to get reward here. Its humanity that keep human intact with eachother. Just keep us updated :)

17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Jeff,
    I am so glad you can be there for him. My Dad is 83 and I live ~1000 miles from him. I worry about my parents health, but I know God watch over them better than I. I have two boys (young men) that are blind and I find great comfort that God is always with them and that their faith is in Him. Cling to the creator and gather you peace from Him. Count your time with you Dad as a treasure, even in the tough times. Remind him you love him and do things he enjoys; even if it's just a scoop of ice cream or a movie.
    God bless!
    Keith

crackstar and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Jeff, I will keep you and your family in my prayers in this time of need. God gives us strength and hope. Find rest in Him.

crackstar and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  19. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

To be honest, it sounds like he is doing well, considering his age. At least he isn't violent, as a lot of Alzheimer's patients get.
    My father is 78, forgets a lot, gets lost driving, everywhere, but still drives his Crotch Rocket motorcycle around. I know him, and we've talked about getting rid of the motorcycle. He said he would just buy another, the day after his went missing. And, he would, every day, unless his bank account was frozen.

Xtrimblades and crackstar like this.
  20. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

Take him for a walk to the nearby park. Prayer with u my friend. God bless.

crackstar likes this.