My Stirling Boar Brush Review

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by George X, Jul 22, 2017.

1. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Happy this arrived yesterday
    [​IMG]
    First impression. Classic looking brush and packaged nicely. Brush to me is the right heft. The handle is comfortable to hold, the bristles feel firm but soft and she is a good looking brush.

Conditioning was done with cold water and loaded with Stirling Lemon Chill. As I built it's first lather it commonly shed some bristles. I let it sit and allowed the soap to dry a bit. Rinsed and then loaded it with Stirling Sandalwood. Working a lather there were a few more bristles shed. Repeated the air dry of soap on the brush. Rinsed and removed all noticeable soap residue before bed.

This mornings
    [​IMG]
    I loaded the Stirling Boar with my favorite scent of Stirling Tuscany. I didn't time the load but it was quick...maybe 15 seconds. Face lather with no boar scent or bristle shedding. Solid performance with awesome backbone. Scritch to me felt no different than a two band badger. This brush...makes me happy and after just one use...it is in the top 3 out of the dozen I have. It should only get better as it gets broken in.
    [​IMG]
    One final thought. If you love badgers or are on the fence about using one...this is a must have brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Nice review! I'm considering picking up one with my next soap order from Stirling.

:happy088:

ezlovan, Zykris and George X like this.
  3. George X

George X Well-Known Member

You won't be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Zykris and Jim99 like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

At $7.95 you can't beat the price! And you know it will be a quality product because it's Stirling. If disappointed Rod will bend over backwards to make it right for you. Thanks for the review!

ezlovan, Zykris, George X and 2 others like this.
  5. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

Looks like a great brush. It's nice to finally see artisans embracing boar and doing it well.

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I just got mine in December '17. I agree, it is a great boar brush. (Now $9.95 though.....still remarkably inexpensive for the quality!)

[​IMG]

brit, lloydrm, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  7. hush

hush Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Great brush!

Bobcat, Keithmax and Zykris like this.
  8. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

I just got one after reading the reviews and recommendations here. I have to say that it's just a terrific brush, never mind the fact that the price is ridiculously low.

I guess that for under ten bucks I expected the knot to be nowhere near as full or well formed as this one is and I expected the handle to be cheesy plastic, but the 24mm knot is thick and full and the handle is a very nicely made resin.

I can't wait to try it out.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  9. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

It’s a great brush at a great price. Mine gets used at least twice a week.