Mystic Water shampoo bars BIG thumbs up

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by LuvWetShavin, Nov 17, 2017.

1. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Been using these shampoo bars now for several months, has made such an improvement in my scalp.
    I suffered from dry flaky scalp and would use several different dandruff shampoos like H&S etc.
    Since using these shampoo bars paired with a Marvy scalp brush i have had ZERO flaky dry scalp.

PicsArt_11-17-05.15.42.jpg
    Screenshot_20171117-170139.jpg

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

You may have just sold them a bar or two....I'm having a hell of a time with dry scalp right now. I was blaming hotel shampoos since I've been on the road quite a bit in the last 3 months.

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  3. LuvWetShavin

Pick up a Marvy scalp brush to .. they really help, think i paid $7 w/shipping on ebay

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I also have dry scalp and skin. What's worked for me is Pine Tar shampoo and soap bars. Also, I kinda like that scent. Looks like I might try out the shampoo brush.

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  6. LuvWetShavin

I have had great results using mine every time i shower and wash my hair

A shampoo brush scalp massager is excellent if you suffer with dandruff too because it cleanses the follicles on your scalp, removing debris, product build-up and excess oils so reduces dandruff problems. If you suffer with crusty or flaky scalp caused by seborrheic dermatitis, it’s a good idea to try one and use it when you shampoo your hair.

Keithmax and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That has a good ingredient base. Most dandruff is actually caused by a fungus on the scalp. Neem & Tea Tree oil are natural anti-fungals. They are also components of the shampoo bar I use, to manage my dandruff.

mrchick and LuvWetShavin like this.
  8. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Looking at the ingredients, they seem to be quite good but there is one thing I would remove: the coconut oil as saponified coconut oil is harsh for the skin. They probably added the coconut oil there in order to get more lather. This is not necessary for a hair soap as any soap will easily produce lather when rubbed in hair.

Many years ago I was in a similar situation. I have super sensitive scalp and I could not find any shampoo not giving irritation. This is why I became a soap maker myself.