n00b to Wet Shaving with a DE

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Houdini5150, Feb 7, 2017.

1. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    You've come to the right place.
    zwelcome2a.jpg

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

5. Houdini5150

Houdini5150 Member

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I heard those VDH arent that great. I might just try that try a blade site or whatever and take a look at a couple there. I am using the VDH Shave butter. I tried it just by itself and I had longer facial hair at the time, it didnt work out so great so 2 days later I put on the butter and put some regular old Nivea shave gel over it. Much better results, no nicks but still need to get the WTG, and XTG stuff figured out. I will eventually look at more shave soaps.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

If you are looking to get some stuff . I would suggest italianbarber.com . The soaps are super cheap. Pick one under $8 , they also sell blade samplers at a reasonable price. If you don't have a brush, you can pick one up for under $15. It literally is a one stop shop. Now the razor you have is a good beginner razor. It's mild and easy to use. I would recommend sticking to that one razor until you get good consistent shaves.

7. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Once I got some decent cream, i.e. C O Bigelow(Bath & Body Works) I relegated the VDH to a preshave with a hot towel. The Bigelow is made by Proraso.

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor