Name Handle

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by old okie, Mar 17, 2012.

1. old okie

old okie Member

I am a sucker for these old brass open comb razors. I bought the two in the picture because of the handle on the bottom razor. I do not think it is a gillette handle could it be a custom handle or one fron another razor?? The handle is solid brass.
    [​IMG]

awake2shave and fishcrow like this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

It's from a Star DE razor.

[​IMG]

awake2shave and fishcrow like this.
  3. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Yes. You're right. Came both in brass and silver tones. They work well with most Gillette heads. They also are nice shavers on their own.

4. old okie

old okie Member

Thanks to you all this handle sure makes for a good grip.

5. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Do you know when this was made?

6. old okie

old okie Member

handle is a little shorter
    I do not have a clue when the handle or the razor (razor is a Gillette) I purchased a pair of Gillettes and the handle was on one of them. Shaves great the handle is a little shorter than the Gillette handle.

7. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

They were made in the 1940s on into the late 1950s.

awake2shave likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've got my eye out for a silver-tone Star handle to go with my Clix head. If anyone can hook me up... :)

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

ASR over in England seemed to release a majority of these razors in nickel/chrome under the Personna brand while ASR seemed to release a majority of these razors in Gold Tone in the US under the Star name.

The nickel/chrome coated are hard to find stateside. Good Fortune in finding one.

awake2shave likes this.