Name that Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by KeenCop, Jul 29, 2014.

1. KeenCop

KeenCop Member

I just picked up a vintage safety razor and a antique shop and got it cheap because it doesn't have a brand on it. The six sided handle has an arrow near the very top (made me think Gillette maybe?) No other stamps or markings anywhere.

Can anyone identify it?

Attached Files:

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

cannot open file

KeenCop and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  3. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I could open the file, but have no idea on identifying the razor. I'm pretty sure it's not a Gillette.

KeenCop likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

No idea but someone here will know, I've seen it on the forums before. Very, very cool handle!!!

KeenCop likes this.
  5. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Interesting!
    What did it cost and how does it shave?:drool:

KeenCop likes this.
  6. KeenCop

KeenCop Member

I paid a wopping $6 for it. I just shaved with it and really like it. It is more aggressive than my Merkur 34c but much lighter. I've only been wet shaving for a few weeks so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I LIKE IT. The aggressive checkering on the handle makes up for the slenderness and allows for great control.

maltedmilk likes this.
  7. KeenCop

KeenCop Member

Sorry about the file. I saved the photos as pdf because my jpg files were too big to post. I'm not sure how to make them smaller.

The razor is chrome, it has a six sided handle with aggressive knurling and a solid line going up the middle of two apposing sides. There is a tiny arrow at the top of the handle with the point pointing at the head of the razor. It is a solid bar head with shallow lines across the bar (similar to a Gillette tech). Three pieces all together. No other markings.

8. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Try >here< and >here<.

Man, I like your cool mystery razor!

KeenCop likes this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I've never seen one like it. Good find.
    unknown_razor2.JPG
    unknown_razor1.JPG

KeenCop likes this.
  10. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have one that looks very much like that one. It's a "Club" from the 1930's. Never shaved with it so can't tell u about that. I picked it up in a package deal some time ago.

KeenCop likes this.
  11. KeenCop

KeenCop Member

Thanks for reposting my pics for me!
    Thanks, I'll try that next time.

12. KeenCop

KeenCop Member

A Club huh, I'll have to research that. Thanks!

13. KeenCop

KeenCop Member

The pics were reposted by Jayaruh so you can see them now.

14. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

thanks, but I don't recognize it

15. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Very unique handle, and if you like the way the razor shaves that makes it a keeper..:)

KeenCop likes this.
  16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I just saw a razor on ebay with a box and the handle looks just like yours except it doesn't have the dimple in the end like your handle. The auction does mention that this razor looks like the "Club"... But the box has "HOSPITAL" written on it.. Their trying to get $69 BIN for it...Your score is looking better and better...:happy088:

KeenCop likes this.
  17. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

It may have been one of those "same razor, many names" type deals.

KeenCop likes this.
  18. KeenCop

KeenCop Member

That would make sense. I even wondered if it might be assembled from the unbranded pieces of two separate razors. I still need to research the "Club" razor you mentioned.

19. Ian Morrison

Ian Morrison New Member

As long as you enjoy shaving with it you are on a winner at that price,nice one KeenCop.:happy096: As for the name of it why not call it Peter...................sorry couldn't help it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  20. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

It is actually a Hospital Brand razor. And I can't find out much about it. I do see them for sale occasionally.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

dscaver and KeenCop like this.