NB '17

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Primotenore, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Btw, how many different scents of witch hazel does Thayers make and do the different scent additives affect the overall performance of the witch hazel in any way? Inquiring minds want to know.... :) :) :)

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Curious also. I have only ever used unscented. How strong are the scents, do they have an effect on the aftershave you use?

mrchick likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have the Unscented and the Rose. Both are mild and refreshing. The Rose scent doesn't linger very long.

Screwtape and Linuxguile like this.
  4. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I've used Cucumber, Rose, Lavender, and Unscented. The scents are light, and don't last long at all. No conflicts with my aftershaves. I like the Rose the best, followed by Cucumber.

mrchick, Screwtape and Linuxguile like this.
  5. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

No buys here!,

6. PickledNorthern

Still in.

mrchick and Primotenore like this.
  7. Primotenore

Article Team
    Bought another hat. :eatdrink047:

mrchick and Drygulch like this.
  8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Same here.

9. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Still in. No buys yet, and no plans to buy. Keep up the good work people!

Primotenore and mrchick like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

I'm out.

Well I'm still in, but there won't be any prizes for me at the end of the year.

At the end of last year I bought a razor, and was shipped the wrong one. I made the decision to keep it, but have decided I don't want it, have sold it, and bought what I originally ordered.

I would even ask for an exception since I stated the issue and my possible exchanging of the razor before the end of '16, but since doing a focus on these AC style razors, I have figured out a bit about what I like and dislike, and bought a different model. So just plain out.

I am still not buying anything else, or looking for anything else, so I will continue in spirit, with a big double asterisk behind my name.

11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Run along with us. It will be a major accomplishment if you make the rest of the year. Good luck!

PickledNorthern likes this.
  12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Still in and doing well. No urges or desires at this point, let's hope that last

Primotenore likes this.
  13. Primotenore

Article Team
    Sounds to me like you're still in.

mrchick and PickledNorthern like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

I would plead my case, but I didn't buy the exact razor I originally intended to before the first.

I just knew I was going to be disappointed with the route I went, and figured I would get it out of the way. I am still in in spirit, and with you guys.

Robyflexx and mrchick like this.
  15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I would say you are out. Not a bad thing as you are making more informed decisions about what you like. It would suck to wait a year to get the one you wanted.

Robyflexx and PickledNorthern like this.
  16. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Just received the shipping notice for the Delta Echo recoat I sent in December. So, still in.

Linuxguile likes this.
  17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

18. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Friday 27 January 2017, and still in!

19. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

A review of the family budget reveals that NB17 is wise and prudent. Glad I'm still here!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

20. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

The barrister and mann releases alone would make a NB '17 impossible for me, lol...but I will make more calculated purchases and decisions. I guess that's a start.

mrchick, Primotenore and Troy M like this.