NB '17

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Primotenore, Sep 27, 2016.

1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:happy096: guys! Hang in there! :happy088:

Primotenore likes this.
  2. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Well I upheld my title as the last of the bigtime spenders today, although I think it was all within bounds.

First, to replace my old rancid bottle of Thayers Original WH Toner, I bought a fresh new bottle of Thayers Original Astringent WH. Earlier discussions in the thread say replacement witch hazel is fine.

Then I noticed some standard glycerin on the next shelf so I bought that too. I have already used it on a couple patches of badly chapped and cracking skin (it seems already to be helping a lot actually). However, I also have every intention of using it to juice up some of my older and drier cakes of shave soap.

Finally, I sprung for some mineral oil. Again, I will use it for other stuff around the house, but the first use I'm making of it is in cleaning and maintenance on some vintage Gillette TTOs from my hoard.

I figure it's all legit but also think serious NB'17 requires full disclosure of even minor peripheral purchases.

Drygulch and Bama Samurai like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Well I may be able to claim some sort of quasi-exception in my head from my razor purchase swap out last month, but I am officially, hanging my head in shame out, now.

I just picked up a gorgeous, cased Kent BK12 from an overseas BST at a price so cheap it made a bucket list brush seem like a rainy Sunday playing on Etsy. Had to do it.

So, I bid you guys best wishes as I duck out the door, a little bit sheepish, but saying, "Holy crikeys, a BK12???"

Good luck...

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :sad024:

Linuxguile and PickledNorthern like this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Enjoy it. We all have our breaking point, a semogue mixed knot would have me pulling out my wallet with a quickness.

7. Screwtape

I trust you will be posting pics of the evil BK12 that tempted you to your doom once it arrives?

twhite, Drygulch, Robyflexx and 3 others like this.
  8. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Still here

9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Still here

10. PickledNorthern

Yes I will. And you people will be lucky if I can contain myself from posting photos of my rolling around naked in its giant sleek pelted awesomeness. That thing has enough fur in it to make a coat.

mrchick, Screwtape, twhite and 2 others like this.
  11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

12. PickledNorthern

For the price I just paid for this thing, I might go batty enough to post naked pics all over the place.

I am like finding a ""Rod Carew rookie card inside a bubble gum pack" ON the floor IN the hall closet" happy right now.

13. Primotenore

Article Team
    Tell us how happy you really are Jared...:happy093:
    ;)

14. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

Still in, but I had a close call when viewing vintage Hai Karate on the auction site today...

mrchick and Primotenore like this.
  15. Primotenore

Article Team
    :eatdrink013:

16. Primotenore

Article Team
    Here is a dance suggestion Jared...
    f6948d20fe515073ae5a09d3e2907724.jpg

mrchick and Screwtape like this.
  17. Primotenore

Article Team
    Who would've thought that Hai Karate would be commanding such prices?

mrchick likes this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

A man after my own heart. Not afraid to speak his true feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mrchick and Screwtape like this.
  19. Screwtape

The "hanging my head in shame" part of your exit from NB'17 is starting to lack a teensy tiny bit of sincerity there, Jared.

I think your tagline for it should probably be something like: " NB'17 - failed - YEEHAW!!! Snicker, snicker."

20. PickledNorthern

Too funny. But a BK 12 showing up on a BST at Chinese Knock off prices is sort of a unicorn, unobtanium, bucket list thing for me. If this wasn't a long time, well known user, I would have skipped over it as too good to be true. For you razor guys this was like tripping over a nice Toggle for $50.

It prolly sounds hard to believe, but I was NOT looking for this one, but would have pushed my own mom down a flight of stairs to get it.

twhite, mrchick and Screwtape like this.