NB '17

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Primotenore, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

We will expect to see a full, drooling report about its arrival and test drive in the 30 Day thread, the Haul, and other venues. Also, an appropriately shamefaced display of your Scarlet Letter in this thread (and please refrain from cackling maniacally while delivering it).

Oh, and congratulations on a truly excellent score. Now stop waving your 50-year-old bottle of single malt Scotch around during the AA meeting... at least until you can show pics...

Hodge, Bama Samurai, twhite and 3 others like this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Well for an aperitif...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hodge, twhite, Troy M and 5 others like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Is that a nice brush?

twhite likes this.
  4. PickledNorthern

Honestly don't know. It is a little outside of my normal 22-24 mm size range. Guess I'll either love it or hate it.

5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm still in, but the force is powerful! There are a few mighty fine razors up for auction right now. Can someone shut down eBay for the next couple of day?

twhite and Troy M like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Very beautiful Jared. At least you went out with style. Enjoy.

7. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Still going strong, gonna make this for sure. Had my first product-finish (Proraso Green tube) and it's a good feeling!

8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Still in with no problems. I found another focus for my extra (yeah, right) $$$. Since I do amateur radio as well, I"m looking for those pieces of equipment I couldn't get while I was a lot younger. Of course, it will be more expensive but I'll save for those really good pieces and focus spending there. And avoid BST as well

Bama Samurai, Primotenore and mrchick like this.
  9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I had a little help this past month with a birthday. I got a razor and some soap from the family, and then a late gift certificate to Maggards. The rest of the year is all on me, though.

Bama Samurai, Primotenore and mrchick like this.
  10. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Still in....actually didn't realize the first month passed...

Primotenore and mrchick like this.
  11. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

On Feb 3, 2015 I received a jar of TOBS Rose. Since that time I have neither bought, borrowed, won, purchased, exchanged, traded or in any other manner acquired any shaving supplies or equipment. As of Monday that changed. I ordered two straights and a new brush from Whipped Dog and a new jar of MDC. The thing that set me off was the worst sight anyone could possibly see in relation to shaving. I saw the bottom of my MDC jar. Believe me, it is not a sight for the weak of heart.

Hodge, PanChango, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I think this would probably qualify you as officially out...;) Great stuff though!

13. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I'll just go stand in the corner now.

mrchick, Primotenore and dbersh like this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm still in!
    :happy108:

mrchick, Primotenore and dbersh like this.
  15. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Yup! Out.

16. PickledNorthern

You had a helluva run.

17. mrchick

I'm still hanging in there. I almost had a week moment yesterday when I stopped into an antiques shop in Wisconsin. The straight razor had a small chip in the blade so I walked away I should stay out of these places. It's like an alcoholic stopping into a bar just to look.

18. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi all, I've been wondering where this thread boogied off to. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been a bit ill, and busy too. My life is a bit upside down right now. But anyway I'm happy to report that even though I have been investigating re-knotting a couple of brushes, and looking at a soap or two, I have not made any purchases yet that would boot me off the NB'17 list. I'm pretty much trying to stay focused on not buying any shave related products. But it is nice to look around a bit. Good luck all, and have a great night!

19. mrchick

Thanks for checking in. I hope you feel better.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  20. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Thank you sir!!!

Bama Samurai and mrchick like this.