NB '18

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by CliffDweller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Wow...I wish I had the strength to be a "Jonny One-Note" for a real long time with a given shave product.

PanChango likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i am only buying nicer versions of what i have if they come available,mainly the british stuff and cases for my existing razors. then i will look for a ladder in this rabbit hole. stuff i upgrade goes to my friends.like upgrading a car. win win.i am sure you guys have all been there......soaps? well thats another story....;)

Screwtape and Paul Turner like this.
  3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I committed to a software no-buy, and am still in on that. I did find one little razor I'm the wild but, as I hadn't made any commitments in that regard, I felt. I guilt in adding it to my little collection.

Actually, the further I get into the no-buy, the amount of soap I have amassed is beginning to feel a bit oppressive and I am developing a desire to whittle it down a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jtspartan likes this.
  4. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Still in, all good!

Primotenore and Paul Turner like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Reynolds?

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

James Barlow and Sons.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  7. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Okay, looks like another month is coming to an end. 3 down. Anyone else besides @mrchick cave? Everyone good?

8. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Still good here! Not even looking at stuff to buy.

PanChango and jtspartan like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Still good. First quarter in the books.

AGHisBBS and jtspartan like this.
  10. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

You fellas are impressing me. Best of luck to you all for the rest of the year.

Even though I didn't commit to a NB18, I had no intention of buying any more razors, but so far I added 4 to the "shave shelf".:ashamed001:

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

My desire to buy anything is in full remission.

When I get off my lazy keister, I will thin the herd a bit.

jtspartan, AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  12. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Still good. When I get the urge to try a new soap, I either crack an old sample or drag some tub from the bottom of the box that hasn't been used for a year or so and play with that. Have either acquired or upgraded brushes (one is in the mail as we speak) but I swapped software and razors for them so it's still a net reduction in my "stuff".

AGHisBBS, CarlfromMO and jtspartan like this.
  13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Still good, no desire (well, not much) to get new stuff since I have plenty. Shouldn't read all the reviews on the board I guess.

AGHisBBS, Screwtape and jtspartan like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

i ve blown it all.....:angry021:

AGHisBBS, Screwtape and Primotenore like this.
  15. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

16. PumperNickel-BageL

PumperNickel-BageL Active Member

I committed to not buy anything more except aftershaves. No more balms, soaps, brushes, razors or blades.

Since I only own 1 bottle of aftershave. I am stocked up for over 5 years on all the other stuff

17. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Here we are at the end of another month. No one posted on here this month, so I hope that means everyone who is still in stayed strong and is still on their 'NB! 4 months down. One third of the year completed.
    Everyone good?

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’ve been out the last two months now, but I haven’t bought anything since. I’m even thinking about reducing the size of my collection. I’m developing definite favorites in my Den.

jtspartan likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

That's a goal for me in 2019....developing favorites. Working my way through NB18 has afforded me time to get me going on this by 2019.

Jim99 and jtspartan like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Still good. As I look ahead, I may be in better shape than I thought.

AGHisBBS, Jim99 and jtspartan like this.