NB '18

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by CliffDweller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Good point but I haven’t even looked at online sites.

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Keep up the good fight! They say it takes a few weeks of concentrated effort to change habits. Looking at shave soap sites was a habit. The longer I stay away from them, the less I find myself wanting to look at them.

mrchick likes this.
  3. mrchick

Good job!

Paul Turner and SharptoothC like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I look at them to get me thinking about 2019.

mrchick likes this.
  5. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Looking good fellas! If I want something new, I just go to the magic shoe box in the bottom drawer and find some soaps I've never opened!

Screwtape, AGHisBBS and jtspartan like this.
  6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

February is almost over. 2 months down. Everyone still good? Anyone fall off the wagon?

mrchick and Paul Turner like this.
  7. Paul Turner

I'm still good. The late spring/summer will present a challenge for me, as the only chill soap I have is Stoylin Glacial Wintergreen, but I tend to go to more cream/foam shaving during those months anyway. I'll be fine in the aftershave department during the hot period. Maybe a CVS purchase of Skin Bracer and another Aqua Velva(to replace my current one). I'm still confident to go 12(months).

AGHisBBS, mrchick and jtspartan like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Online sites? Didja say online sites? What's an online site? :D

9. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I’m here supporting you all after NB 2017. After clearing SO MUCH stuff, I’m having a great time restocking with only really good stuff that I really like! So, go for it! Maybe I’ll do NB 2019...

10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Okay, I have a question for everyone. My wife found a beautiful flare tip super speed at the flea market this past weekend. She took a picture, sent it to me and asked if I wanted it. Of course I said yes. As I didn’t pay her back the $10, she bought it. Am I technically still in?

:signs002:

Primotenore, AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Joint account ... your doomed. Other wise you must trade or provide services of some kind. :sexe:

12. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Ummmm, nope. Pure gift - yes. Prior knowledge and approval - thank you for playing!

13. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Still in....

jtspartan, AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  14. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Within a week I ran across a Gem open comb Damaskeene, immaculate Gem 1924 Shovelhead, beautiful user-grade Gem MMOC and a 1959 Fatboy that punches way above its weight class now that it's cleaned and polished. Goes to show, when you're not looking is when the best deals come up.

The RAD runs deep in me, though I'm still successful in the NB on soaps, creams and AS. Those were my Achilles heel last year.

Maybe for '19 I can combine will-powers from '17 and '18 and be successful. Just maybe...

15. mrchick

I’m still in. My wife ordered a Jayaruh brush for me for Valentine’s Day. It was a gift, so I’m good.

16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

But, but, but....
    :sad024::angry017:

Enrico likes this.
  17. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Not even an itch.... Probably end up letting most of my gear go this year.

Primotenore and jtspartan like this.
  18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Still doing great, no problems at all

jtspartan and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

I think @Jim99 should still be in. Tough decision though.

Jim99 likes this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Yeah! It’s like Adam and Eve. My wife tricked me. It’s her fault. I can’t help it if I’m weak!

Enrico, Primotenore and Paul Turner like this.