Never DE Shaved and already have 3 DE razors!!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Fly2High, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

The saga continues.

I spoke to my father about the above vintage razors and he seems to recall that one of them might be his. He was in the army in '62 and they did not let him use an electric. I think he was allowed, eventually, to use a DE razor and purchased the '61 Fatboy he seems to think. Memory is not what it used to be. He never liked DE shaving and always went back to electric due to being very irritated by the blade. The razor was only used while he served and in camp otherwise it sat doing nothing. Now, I tell him he was probably using the wrong shaving gear (pre shave, soap/cream, aftershave and blade) and might have tried different things and improved. He is a die hard electric user. His loss is my gain. The other razor, the Slim, is more used and I know that my grandfather was a DE man until he passed in '79. This also might explain why the Slim is more used but still in great condition.

Of course, if you saw pictures of my father, he is a 5"6" 'husky' kinda guy now and my grandfather was a 6;'' thin guy. the names of the razors fit their owners quite well :).

Frank

AGHisBBS, Linuxguile and RetLEO-07 like this.