New "As Seen On TV" Adjustable DE

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by John Ruschmeyer, Jul 15, 2017.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Well, I decided to take one for the team and ordered the Atomic Blade. Just have to wait for it to get here and then will test and report. Good Luck to me I think

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

We'll be waiting........

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

:happy096::signs107:

4. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Way to take one for the team.

John Ruschmeyer and Jayaruh like this.
  5. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Later, on the same page they correctly state Razor Blades. Whoever put up the page was merely typing words on a screen.

6. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I say we all put up a dollar, buy one and then pass it around. Each person would get their own blade as it comes with 24 blades. If it ain't worth anything the most you are out is a dollar.
    Just a thought.
    What say the group?

John Ruschmeyer likes this.
  7. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

This is beginning to read a lot like another Forum that I no longer visit!! It's just shaving folks.

BigMark83, DaltonGang and McHale like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The idea is great but after the bad runs that killed the late, lamented Travel Box, I would be reluctant to participate. Of course, that was pretty much due to unknown newbs who ripped off our good faith, so maybe something could be worked out.

DaltonGang likes this.
  9. Rich Daverson

Rich Daverson Member

I'm dum and wil likely order one. If I get, I'll post a review....

McHale likes this.
  10. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

So... There needs to be a new travel box with a bunch of different razors to try?

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sadly, based on what happened several boxes in a row, probably wouldn't be prudent without a VERY stringent vetting process that would make it even more of a logistical nightmare for the box wrangler than it already was.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    DaltonGang likes this.
  12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Just received notification, by mail, that the Atomic Blade item has been cancelled. Not sure what that means except I won't be getting one.

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Bama Samurai likes this.
  14. John Ruschmeyer

Interesting... A Google search leads to an Amazon listing for an Atomic Razor by Atomic Razors. Definitely not the same razor, but I wonder if someone got sued for trademark infringement?

It will be interesting to see if a generic version shows up on eBay or AliExpress.

15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

That's my take on what happened. They didn't research their name hard enough.

16. John Ruschmeyer

If so, then it was a case of a company who names their products as "Atomic"+<noun> running into a case of where that was already taken (or close enough). Oddly, the Atomic Razor on Amazon is out of stock and seems to have no search engine presence outside of the Amazon links. Trademark squatting?

Out of curiosity, I sent a note on the BulbHead.com "Contact Us" page to ask about the status of the Atomic Blade. This is the answer I received today:
    I'm actually a bit surprised here. If it were a simple trademark issue, I'd expect them to just rename the product and move on. I guess we'll never know.

17. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

It could have been several things.
    1) Not enough orders in the time frame that they'd established for setting up a manufacturing run.
    2) Manufacturer decided to up their demands for money
    3) The initial quality control run before the main run(s) bombed.

Etc.

John Ruschmeyer likes this.
  18. John Ruschmeyer

Good points. I'm inclined to agree with the idea that they were collecting orders prior to an initial run and either didn't get enough (that's what you get for being outrageous by making claims such as not needing shaving cream or the blowtorch trick) or ran afoul of a production issue.

I doubt they designed this themselves, so I'm guessing it's a matter of time until the basic razor pops up again.