New Barrister and Mann pre-order

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Straight razor dandy, Aug 15, 2017.

1. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

He only needed 70 to sell out the jars and that happened in less than 2 hours I think. Your right that most of the hobby is older guys but there are a good amount of younger shavers getting in. You have a great soap, ecletic brotherhood and a gimmicky limited edition item = success

Holy Black comes to mind with their limited edition items. I don't read much about the soap being overly special but their limited edition items sell out pretty fast and keep good resale value.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  2. jaxstraww

I'll tell you what Will needs to get done. I need the scent notes for Eventide immediately

Chuck F likes this.
  3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Barrister and Mann has been building a following steadily for years. I believe his success has more to do with his high quality, ever improving style, and good word of mouth and far less to do with the "devil" marketing.

I believe b&m could put out virtually any soap style right now and have it sell out (or sell a whole lot, if not limited quantities). This has been the case for his last several soaps.

"Devil" marketing is not needed.

4. jaxstraww

He better shelve his upcoming rose themed soap I'm thinking.

Rosemaries Baby is not going to go over well at this rate.

5. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

IIRC it's coming out in October shortly before Halloween; pre-order has to be now so he has the lead time to finish it by then. And he does pre-orders now for these limited releases because folks got so bent out of shape with stock selling out so fast otherwise.

The devil stuff doesn't bother me one way or the other, but I see how for some folks it's uncomfortable.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  6. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Ask and ye shall receive! "Raspberry, Lime, Rose, Oud"

And a bunch of other new stuff added to their Release Schedule today.

7. Straight razor dandy

Those sound pretty great. I need to watch my soap buying, however. They make them faster than I can use them.

Keithmax and Tdmsu like this.
  8. jaxstraww

Allot of new stuff. Get the samples ready.

9. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

Just preordered the Gothique Soap and Aftershave. I think the scent sounds very unique and I like the packaging. Wish I could've gotten a sample, but oh well, I'm sure I will like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Straight razor dandy

I ordered the EDT as well, and apparently those are still being completed before being shipped. I am very jealous of you!

12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I was thinking of creating one based on hot sulphur and burnt toenails...but couldn't nail down a marketing angle. ;)

Keithmax, Zykris and TheFiveO like this.
  13. Straight razor dandy

I finally received mine. I love the scent. Very complex and deep.

IMG_20171020_151432.jpg

Keithmax and Zykris like this.
  14. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I envy you right now. lol Guess that is my greatest sin at this point.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  15. Straight razor dandy

Here is the description for it:
    I began with the core skeleton of all fougères, the classic combination of lavender, oakmoss, bergamot, geranium, and tonka bean. To this were added the ancient, primordial influences of balsam fir, vetiver, cedar, and mushroom, topped off with the richness of smooth musks, sandalwood, leather, and tuberose. Finally, and most distinctly, I blended in the essences of black ashes and smoldering flame to echo the fires of Hell, burning for all time.

I love B&M stuff. I can pick up each of the scents, which is awesome... except the fires of Hell. That might be taking it a bit far, lol. This will definitely go in my rotation.

Zykris likes this.