New Country Club Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobcat, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I have way too many soaps in rotation, so a reorder won’t be any time soon.

Initially OM came across as very loud and mostly one note. My nose has evolved a lot since falling down this rabbit hole, and I’m now picking up a broadening spectrum of “awareness” in scents.

As an aside, I consistently feel like I get my best performance with this scent. I don’t know if there are batch to batch variations or something special about the OM recipe but I really don’t think it’s my imagination.

2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

+1 One of my favorites from Stirling :)

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Is there an Ozark Mtn. clone for Country Club Grooming?

4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I used the Country Club Spice Trail for the first time today. I really like the scent: woody, spicy, and masculine. It gave me a quick easy, thick lather. I think this new line will be a winner, IMHO. I am going to try it again tomorrow with another brush, as I do with new soaps.

[​IMG]

Paul Turner, PLAla and jtspartan like this.
  5. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Yeah,

I love Kevin's products. His older vegetal soap formula was fantastic and he crafted a number of special, duplication-shave soaps to match some of my favorite expensive colognes. My skin doesn't do well with tallow (my skin reacts to a lot of stuff, including tallow, but vegetal soaps seem to do fine), so, I will have to pass on his newest formula, but knowing that his old formulas worked so well, I'd imagine his new stuff is great too. He's got good soap making talents. I'm currently seeing if he can make another special batch for me. It's in the works, but will take time for my special order as Kevin is gearing up for another run of soaps I think.

Bobcat likes this.
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I had another excellent shave with the Spice Trail this morning. It will be a keeper for me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    PLAla and Paul Turner like this.