New Doctor after next season?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Tdmsu, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I read that Capaldi is only doing one more year. Who do you think should replace him?

I think they should go very different - Mos Def (Yasiin Bey)

What do you think?

youngunn likes this.
  2. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I think Benedict Cumberbatch would make a perfect doctor but that would create a Moffat paradox. Tom Hiddleston would be cool.

3. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Tom Hiddleston would be great, but I'm not a fan of Cumberbatch.

Another radical choice - Tina Fey

youngunn likes this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Biggest surprise will be if it's a white, British male. :)

lradke, RyX, Tdmsu and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

I personally would have loved Greg Davies but his turn as King Hydroflax has kinda ruled him out. Can't stand Benedick Clumberbatch

Tdmsu and youngunn like this.
  6. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I am not really a Dr Who fan, but if he does well in The Huntsman: Winter's War - Colin Morgan of Merlin will be on the radar.

Darkbulb likes this.
  7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Anyone seen the 2016 Christmas special? I'm afraid I'm getting a bit tired of Capaldi ...

Tdmsu likes this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I like the idea of them swinging the pendulum the other way and having a Doctor who is totally different. Opens up lots of new story lines.
    Not to change the subject but the mention of Tina Fey made me think of the "Doctor's Daughter". Would LOVE to see something about her.

The above response is from my wife. She is a bigger fan than I am of the show, so I showed her this thread and let her have her say.

Eeyore and Tdmsu like this.
  9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Okay, what do we all think of the Capaldi / Mackie companionship so far?

I think she's refreshing, and I even like some of the things Matt Lucas is doing, but after two episodes I'm not really convinced yet. In both cases, the monsters weren't really interesting enough (though the victims would think otherwise lol)

10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I skipped the Christmas special...I couldn't get over the fact that there was a superhero in it. :/

I'm rooting for a female doctor! I'm pretty sure they have stated it is another man, but I LOVED Missy! As for who specifically, no idea. They have had a great lineup of amazing talent as the doctor, so I'm sure when we see we will all go "Yep...Not surprised at all that it's him...He's awesome!"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Wait ... is the new season not aired in the USA yet?

12. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Yes it has. This past Saturday, 22 April was episode #2.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Eeyore likes this.