New H.I.S. shaving brush handle announcement

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by GDCarrington, May 26, 2012.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

For those who are fans or who want to be fans of the H.I.S. shaving brush and have asked for an alternate brush handle.

The original review was below and a question about the clear handle was made.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/h-i-s-synthetic-brush.28218/

Well, read the email below for the answer to the clear brush handle.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your support of our H.I.S shaving brush, your review and your recommendations. Our manufacturer actually mentioned the availability of the clear handle version of the H.I.S brush last week, but we weren't sure if there would be any interest. Based on your email below, we will place an order with our manufacturer next week and make them available on Amazon.com in the next few weeks. It will most likely be the same product listing with the option to purchase the black or clear handle.

FYI - The web site mentioned below is the Thailand sister site of our manufacturer FM Brush Company (www.fmbrush.com). They have two manufacturing facilities US and Thailand.

Thanks again for all of your support. We sincerely appreciate your interest and patronage.

Best Regards,

Laurent Pierre, Jr.
    Senior Managing Partner

tomnat and PLANofMAN like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The proper application of customer feedback can work wonders dont'cha think?

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Looks like a conscientious company so far..thanks for posting...

4. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    After reading your reviews on the H.I.S.. Brush, I was tempted to get one, but after I saw the clear handled one I thought that looked classy and distinctive. I will wait for that one. Your reference to a pearl handled one was a good one, I think that would be a hit with the few lady wet shavers as well.

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I think they will have to generate some sales from the clear handle before venturing off into other brush colors although I have suggested a couple of colors to them recently. The reality is that this is a small subset of their main work which is cosmetic and artist paint brushes so they have gone cautious for the reason that shave brushes are not a big market and there are strong established players in it. The only way they, or any business for that matter, will add to the line is through solid recurring sales.

6. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    The only way to get recurring sales from people who already own this "last a lifetime" brush is to come out with different brush sizes and different handles. I would love to see a travel brush option from them. I wonder what their sales numbers have been so far with these brushes?

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Oh..they got ways of making people pay..;)

GDCarrington and PLANofMAN like this.
  8. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    It changed from H.I.S. brush to M.Y. Brush when I opened the packaging. The only way you'll get it is pry it from my cold dead fingers. Or you could order your own...
    I would still love to have this brush in butterscotch, or tortoiseshell. Heck, I wish I could buy just the knot and put them into my own handles.

wlmcad and GDCarrington like this.