New Lord Platinum Class

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Williams Warrior, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Are you guys hip to these blades? I just had the most comfortable shave ever with this blade, it was so smooth it was like the threads you read where they didn't know they had a blade in the razor. Looked them up on West Coast Shaving and it's 1.75 for a pack, 10.00 for a hundred. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have one of these blades that I received as a sample when I bought some goods. I'll have to give it a go tomorrow as I just had my 4th shave with this blade and it's time for a new one. Unless it is an incredible shave though, I won't be selling the stock pile of Shark Super Chromes or Red Pack Israeli Personnas.

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Blades are just so personal that you'll find both those who strongly agree and those who strongly disagree with your take. Personally, I find Lord Platinum blades better than most, but not as good as my favorites.

4. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

Most of the Egyptian blades seem to work well for me--with varying longevity.

5. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Yep, in fact I ordered 100 pack of them. They are my go to blade over the Feathers even. Top notch blade for me.

6. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Thread resurrection...

I posted this question in my Newbie thread too but just in case somebody with some good advice doesn't see it there, I wanted to ask some blade advice.

I just tried these blades today and it's only the second blade I've tried. I think it gave me a pretty nice shave. No tugging, no nicks, no weepers and no razor burn so I'm pretty satisfied. What I'd like to ask advice on is whether I should keep trying a few more blades to see if there's something I like even better? Or should I just go ahead and buy a 100 of these and stick with them for a while? The price is hard to beat on them.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    That's easy, buy them. You can always go back and try other blades later, but while you're still learning- if you find something that works, stick with it for a while before changing things up.

8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Well based on my experience keep buying blades in small lots until you've tried all or most of them. I thought BlueBirds were the "Bees Knees" when I tried them so I bought a 100....:) And they were "GREAT" until I tried some Astra SP's which were "FANTASTIC" and inexpensive, now I have 300 Astra's!!! Recently I tried some PolSilver Super Iridiums, only got a 100 of them because the're kind of pricey for me!! :happy097:
    So I'd go slow before buying a bulk lot of blades, you can just never tell how a particular blade with work for you until you try it a couple of times with your razor/razors of choice!! Better to get a LARGE blade sampler pk., take your time and try as many different blades as you can....:) I.M.O.

9. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

I didn't really hit it off with the Lord's , sharp enough but tugging too much...YMMV :D

10. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

You guys aren't going to make this easy are you? :)

11. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I think the easiest way to find out about razor blades is to just buy a pack of any that interests you instead of presorted bulk packs.

12. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

It really depends on your situation and what's most practical for you. The advice to stick with one blade for a while is good, the idea is to keep as much as possible the same so that as you can develop your technique and reach a point where you really know what you're doing. Some say to stick with one razor, one type of blade, one soap for thirty days. Some do it for one year. When you're starting out it's suggested to try a number of different blades and then pick one to stick with for a while. You've only tried two so there's no rush, you could try more and see if any others do as well as the Lords. How easy is it for you to get blades? If it's a hassle then go ahead and get the hundred, otherwise I would say why rush it, try some more before getting larger amounts of one.