New RazoRock Classic Already a "Classic"

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobcat, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

RazoRock is changing their soap line somewhat. They are going to 100% Artisan soaps. One of the first changes was with the Classic. The new Classic is still a traditional Italian marzipan/almond croap, but is now made by a small batch Italian artisan instead of the original mass produced version. As expected, after loading my damp brush for 20 seconds (probably 5-10 seconds too many), I quickly got enough great slick, thick, cushioning lather for a 3+ pass shave. The only problem with the marzipan scented soaps is that they make me yearn for an Almond Croissant!

Ingredients: stearic acid, water, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, fragrance

FYI-As of today, July 26, 2014, Joe at The Italian Barber still has the new Artisan Classic on his ebay page at the introductory price of $3.99! I will be putting back a couple more tubs……

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigMark, Slow Joe, dscaver and 2 others like this.
  2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Thank you for the info =) maybe If it's still at that price on Acquisition August he will experience a bump in sales =P

Bobcat likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

And if nobody is buying it now, he might think it a failure and discontinue it all together :p

4. Omelmad

I dont think everyone are doing the no buy July thing =P

dscaver likes this.
  5. Razor Blade 79

Razor Blade 79 Well-Known Member

Is this different from cella? I was about to buy a tub of cella to try then I saw this.

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Classic is a super soap. That price is insane! Cella and RR classic are pretty much the same IMHO.

7. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

It is similar to Cella. Both are marzipan/almond scented Italian croaps. The new RR Classic is a small bath Artisan made soap. The new Classic is pretty much a "no brainer", especially at this price. Does that mean I will give up my Cella.......no. It is OK to have both.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    BigMark83 likes this.
  8. Razor Blade 79

Yeah at this low price I'm considering buying both cella and classic.

Bobcat likes this.
  9. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

If you go your whole life and never try a RR soap, I pity you.

10. Razor Blade 79

Ive got XXX and love it!

11. Omelmad

I might =P shipping is 200-300+% the price of the soap.

12. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I had my 2nd shave with the new RR Artisan Classic and used a different brush. Quick, easy, thick, cushioning lather again. Of course, the Slim and GSB continue to hold up their end too. Nice smooth, close, nick free shave. They got it right.

Bob

[​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I did my 3rd shave yesterday with the new Classic. Outstanding as expected.

I followed the RR Classic with Cella today to compare them. Most people would not pass a “Blind Shave Test” between the two. The RR Classic is a bit softer than Cella. They both produce very similar top quality thick, cushioning lather. The Red Tip and Platinum certainly did their part again. Great smooth, close, nick free shave.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Ain't that the truth.

Omelmad and Bobcat like this.
  15. Omelmad

Good thing I'll have mine tomorrow =D

Slow Joe, Bobcat and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  16. ReshoeUSAF

ReshoeUSAF New Member

Woot! Just ordered 2 tubs yesterday for myself.

Bobcat likes this.
  17. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

I'm curious how the new classic is different from the old classic. The old classic I freaking love and usually hand them out as they are six bucks or less.

Omelmad likes this.
  18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Original RR Classic:
    RazoRock Classic Shave Cream Ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Cocos Nucifera, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, PEG-150 Distearate, Jojoba wax, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium Edta

New RR Artisan Classic:
    Ingredients: stearic acid, water, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, fragrance

Omelmad and bzero007 like this.
  19. Omelmad

They cleaned up the ingredients pretty good! Is there a big difference in performance?

Razorburn123 was really generous and sent me a tube of the new classic. I love it, but I have no idea how the "old" one performed.

20. marbert

marbert Well-Known Member

Just bought a tub. Glad to see they're continuing the intro price...seems like a sweet deal. Anyone know why they're trying to sell 2 tubs of Cella for $999.99?