New Rockwell 6S ....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LuvWetShavin, Jan 24, 2016.

1. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Just received this email ...

Dear Rockwell customers,

We have fantastic news! The new Rockwell 6S razors that are now coming off the production line are meeting our quality standards and we will begin shipping orders this week.

To summarize the process, we receive razors in batches containing several hundred parts (caps, plates, handles) and then personally run each part through a detailed quality inspection. The razors that pass this inspection are then put into packaging and we prepare shipment paperwork to fill orders.

We have completed our inspection process for a first collection of razors that we will ship this week. We will then return to inspecting, packing and shipping further batches. Of course, we have several thousand orders to fill, which means we have several thousand razors to go through our QC process. As a result, we're asking for your patience as we work through this process to ensure that the razor you receive is of the highest quality.

More than a year of design and manufacturing improvements have gone into the new Rockwell 6S, and we cannot wait for you to see them. As always, please feel free to reach out to us as we work to QC and ship all the batches, and thank you for your ongoing support!

Gareth Everard, Co-Founder at Rockwell Razors

2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thanks for posting @LuvWetShavin interesting to hear what the folks have to say. I've been interested in this razor for some time now. :happy088:

3. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

You're welcome !

4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

+1

BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.
  5. -ow-my-balls-

-ow-my-balls- Member

Really looking forward to finally getting this. Been using a razorock baby smooth since they were first released and I'm beyond ready for something more aggressive.

AGHisBBS and PLANofMAN like this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Do I even want to know what inspired your user name choice?

Boojum1, AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy097: Thank you! @PLANofMAN

AGHisBBS and PLANofMAN like this.
  8. -ow-my-balls-

-ow-my-balls- Member

Idiocracy, seriously love that movie.

9. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

We're not far from that now, just missing the Brondo.:)

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  10. -ow-my-balls-

-ow-my-balls- Member

It's got what plants crave. We'll be there soon but at least with a comfy shave I hope.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  11. -ow-my-balls-

-ow-my-balls- Member

Any evidence of movement on this? Shipping numbers going out or the like?

AGHisBBS likes this.
  12. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Only notification was the email blast saving they will start shipping this week and will send email with tracking numbers. I have not received anything yet. Going to take time for them to ship out 2K plus razors.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    You should introduce yourself on the Newbie thread for a proper welcome.
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/forums/newbies.28/
    Interesting choice of Username.
    zwelcome4.jpg

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ah, thanks for the 'reminder' - I've been planning to watch that movie. :)

15. -ow-my-balls-

-ow-my-balls- Member

Understood about the time to get so many out but presumably it won't be all at once. Seems reasonable that after a full week of QC that loads of shipping notices should be going out.

Will head over to the newbie thread also, thanks.

16. -ow-my-balls-

-ow-my-balls- Member

Just checking in here to say mine arrived today. It looks great and I love the weight, won't know much more til later on.

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It is the dumbest movie you will ever watch, in a funny sort of modern Mel Brooks-ish way. The sad part is that we are honestly not far from it becoming a documentary. It is must see TV though.

Darkbulb likes this.
  18. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Please post a review when you can.;)

Joef and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Received my "replacement Rockwell 6s" this week.
    They even threw in a free 5-pack of their Rockwell razor blades which was a nice touch.

[​IMG]

The one I received was in the same packaging (tin box) as the old one came in but I understand that they are looking into other packaging options

"New" Rockwell on the left - "Old" on the right:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The knurling on the handle on the "New" is much less pronounced than on the older one:
    [​IMG]

The top cap is hugely improved:
    [​IMG]

The baseplates are completely re-designed so it will be very interesting to see how the shave itself compares
    [​IMG]

Overall it feels - and looks - like a completely different razor and in every way an improvement over the first version.
    I'm really happy to see the changes and am looking forward to trying it out!

[​IMG]

20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The new one does look a lot more polished. But they both look awesome. Can't wait to read your review

AGHisBBS, Robyflexx and Darkbulb like this.