New Rockwell update #23

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by blashe, Jul 31, 2017.

1. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

I am so puzzled by your last comment. You *DO* realize that it's not a storefront, right? If you don't like companies SUCCESSFULLY using Kickstarter to make and sell products, what are you doing using Kickstarter?

1. How many KS companies had a razor and never went back to Kickstarter on their next razor? NONE that I'm aware of which is why I asked you that very question.
    2. I have no doubts that Rockwell will deliver the razors. None. The incredibly detailed frequent updates should show you that.
    3. It's quite obvious this is your first kickstarter based on your demands and lack of understanding on how it works. Kickstarter is not a storefront. I backed a $1000 synthesizer that not only shipped WAY later than expected, communication was abysmal, and even though he shipped everybody a synthesizer, it's still not a bug-free product. It happens. Most people were very supportive and I don't think any backers got as upset as you seem to be. Kickstarter is a risk-based reward system for investing in a company.
    4. In case you're unaware, Kickstarter backers have no right to a refund. If a company you back takes all the money and flips everybody the bird and walks away you have no legal recourse here. Rockwell is the ONLY Kickstarter I'm aware that offered refunds to those not happy after it was successfully funded and project closed.

Seriously, read up on this Kickstarter razor. Read the comments as well as the updates. THEY have a reason to be upset. YOU DO NOT. https://www.kickstarter.com/project...a-barber-quality-shaveminus-the-b/description

Or read up on this one. The PROMISED ship date was May, 2017. Not only has that date been blown, but communication has been almost non-existent since then. This is from a company who has been making razors for years and years. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/628200436/occams-razor-simplify-your-shaving-by-the-blades-g

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

The heck you are talking about McHale?

Replying on your points:

1. How many companies had started with razor and never went back to KS? How about Blackbird razor that was originally with the SB plate, did they run KS for their open comb? NO, did they run KS for their current Gem Razor? NO. How about Hone razor, first KS was for their Brass razor, did they run KS for their 2 types of aluminum razor with more aggressive plate? NO, do you seeing them run KS for their soon to be releases Titanium razor? NO

2. No one knows if they'll deliver only time can tell that when the razor start being tested by daily shavers, then we will know how it performs shave wise, does the plating hold up over time due to moving parts and the whole head being zinc which is the part of the razor that gets most beating when used. The updates were frequent yes and detailed for sure when the razor went at first brass/zinc, then $400K made Rockwell changed their mind to converting the internal rod from zinc to brass AKA all brass razor, then it changed to mixture of brass/SS for below the head for the razor and surprise!!!! an all zinc/pot metal head, don't you worry though we have an all SS version considered, then it changed to no all SS option viable but they urged for us to stay with the current model for the sake of getting colossal discount for a an all SS version that was just confirmed that is hard to come to fruition? Detailed monthly updates? yes, were the updates inconsistent regarding the metal construction? hell yes

3. See you are honest into admitting paying $1000 for a product that was late and buggy and still you pat yourself on the shoulder, me on the other hand I realized KS can turn very bad due zero customer protection and pretty much all the protection covers the inventing company. That's why I will never again join KS but you have all the right to cheerlead, I'll pass along to you my Rockwell pompoms...

4. That's exactly what I said I have zero complains regarding the refund I received and zero complaints for the current 6S model which I do use from time to time. Considering how KS works is the reason I will never join 1 ever again. Read what I wrote before the only bone I have to pick with Rockwell is its a healthy company that can afford its own R&D future projects, same goes for the rest of the companies who rather risk YOUR money and not theirs or banks loan money, because your money they don't have to refund. Once again if 90% of the Model T supporters asked for refund I guarantee you that they would not get their money back, we are talking of quarter of a mil+ in refunds....

Of course those backers should be upset, thank you for the fine example for even further supporting my reason of never again joining any type of KS! You on the other hand are free to invest into another buggy $1000 project, no one is stopping you and your pompoms from the bright future ahead.

3. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Freaking out over a $100 kick starter investment that had fine print is not useful especially when people are clearly impugning the character of the company or its people is out of bounds. Investing other peoples money? Who thinks for $100 all this can be pulled off so easily?

4. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Wait wait wait... you have no money invested and you're STILL going on like this? Seriously, you need to move on.

Rhody likes this.
  5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Not that I want to stir the pot, and I am not going to comment on Rockwell, as I ultimately passed on joining their campaign, but the Kickstarter concept does present some problems for consumers. If you look at traditional funding methods for this type of campaign, the investors typically require quite a bit more research, business plans, and proof of concept than what they typical Kickstarter supporter gets. Because it isn't often a large sum of money for an individual, they invest on much more of an idea than a plan. This can lead to some different sets of expectations between the supplier and consumer, which can lead to issues down the road.

In the end, each of us has a different risk tolerance, and hopefully we can all understand and respect choices made by each other and not let these things cause too many issues. There really is not a right and wrong here.

6. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I did moved on the moment I got my refund, there was no way I'm laying $90 for razor with zamac head. If your offended by me disliking how the same company keeps on going back to KS over and over again, well maybe they should start paying you for all the cheerleading you do for them, now I'm done, lets see if you can move on....

7. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with you dropping out because of the zamac head. That's why I dropped out. But I honestly, sincerely can't understand what your problem with then using Kickstarter is and if you're so offended by it, why did you back it in the first place? You knew they had several razors on Kickstarter previously (one of your complaints). You also knew they had problems with the original 6s (one of your other complaints). If you knew all that before you joined the Kickstarter, why are you mad at them for using a system the exact way it was intended to be used? Do you honestly not understand Kickstarter? I'm serious here. You keep trying to make it sound like they did something fraudulent, which is far from the case. And if you're so offended by it, why didn't you just wait until it was a shipping product easily acquired from multiple sources? There's zero risk that way.

Rhody likes this.
  8. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I joined because even though they had rocky start with the 6S they made it right at the end. When the Model T was offered they explained that this is not their first rodeo and it will be all brass. Then after some updates promise was broken with the explanation of the trial razors they received were touched up by a machinist and they were not informed of that and that's why when production started the razors were off whack. After gathering around half a million dollars you would think he would at least say hey the manufacturer wants a little been extra for touching up the head parts and lets paid up so we can keep the original all brass razor, instead he took the easier route after us waiting almost a year when that was announced. So many people urged him, hey Gareth just ask how much it will cost at least, he immediately responded it will cost too much.... It was plain as day he didn't wanted to bother and just wanted to deliver a razor with a broken promise.

This was my first rodeo with KS and lesson be learned never to join another one, I think the part that most pissed me off is waiting more than a year,reading every single update and still was for nothing. You know anticipation can make it or break it for you. I know for fact if they decide to run another KS for Model T in SS whether machined or machined and MIM combo I wont be entering. I personally learned my lesson regarding KS and yes I still have the same feeling when it comes to companies constantly using it, trust me if they would of developed the Model T from their own pocket to be all brass they would made sure they have it that way, only difference is they would have to sell it 20-30 bucks more than they originally intended to and still they razor would of sell like hotcakes just because of its all brass.

Anyways no need to ponder upon this, I wish them successful delivery of the razor without any issues and complaints.

Str8on2 likes this.
  9. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Kickstarter comes with fine print. Its a risk. Its also $100. Not a 401k. I agree that the implication that there was some fraud by the company is way beyond the pail. The fellow got a refund to boot.

10. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I tried to express my opinion and move on, but you lured me back in it, so let me ask you this are you part of the Model T KS?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017