New Rocnel model revealed - the MD SE-P-2016-TR Open Comb

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I almost bought one a couple times today. Then I remembered the 7 or so razors that I have that are still awaiting to be taken on their maiden voyages

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

barbersurgeon and Darkbulb like this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It's always impressive when someone actually recognizes the difference between "want" and "need". Good on ya!

barbersurgeon and Linuxguile like this.
  3. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

finally someone with a common sense! That's why I will wait for all both SE SB and OC and the DE42 to come out so I can pay shipping once, but till then I just might cool off on them... Got here like 7 razors and enjoy them and pretty much they are all new and all of them are all brass and all SS

4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I think my passion for collecting is shifting to vintage Non-Gillette razors. Finding out about some of the more obscure foreign razors is becoming really quite interesting

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I signed up for the SE as a pre-order and got email confirmation that I was indeed in the database. Here it is 2017 and I still have heard nothing back from them. I guess I didn't need this razor after all.

DaltonGang likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I do love you @Jayaruh but - you keep bringing this up time after time again and I don't know how much clearer I could 'explain' what Rocnel said about how their pre-ordering failed (in the thread actually discussing that razor..and not thing one) - and that instead they made the razors available at, I think $10 more or so, at a vendor :)

I know it's popular to say things like "guess they don't need my money", "I'll take my money elsewhere", etc when things don't go as planned - but after a while, with an explanation, it might be time to let go of the bone :)

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I guess I missed that memo. It looked like a fine razor. The OC looks even better. I'm just sorry I missed out, but I guess my attention got directed elsewhere. Case closed. Thanks.

DaltonGang, Darkbulb and Linuxguile like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The OC is actually for whatever reason a, in my eyes, a better razor. As far as I know they only came out with one batch and I haven't seen it back in stock anywhere since then. I assume their later work took priority - such as their SE50, DE42, B&R razor, the magnetic SE one, etc, etc. I hope they do some more OC versions though as it, to me, shaved really well.

Jayaruh likes this.
  9. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

What is happening with the new SE 50 with the magnets, any news?