New Rocnel SE50 316 Stainless Steel Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Entasis, May 19, 2016.

1. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Barbaros Razors announced on Instagram that PayPal was pulling out of Turkey as of yesterday, so does anyone know of any European and/or American retailers of Turkish razors?
    I just tried buying a random item on extrashaving, and as Barbaros said, PayPal refused the sale

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. Entasis

Entasis Member

3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Agreed why not have the thread as part of the handle like other 3 piece razors.

4. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

When we gonna get review on the DE48?

5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Do you mean the DE42?
    If so, I don't know. I believe they are putting the SE50 into production first (w/in the next 6-7 weeks).

6. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Seems like a lot of work to clean and oil a razor after each shave. Wouldn't happen at my house I'm too busy making a living....

7. Entasis

Entasis Member

This because my razors go into rotation. And, I am also a straight razor shaver and there's no getting around properly putting away a straight (plus stropping and touchup honing, if needed) if you want a straight to last and ready for its next shave.

8. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

How does Rocnel plan to work around for payments method considering PP is out of Turkey, is the website where they sell his razors based in Turkey?

9. Bussemand

They sell through extrashaving, which is located in Turkey. I tried ordering an item from the site yesterday and PP shut me down.
    I'm hoping to see all the Turkish made razors sold via eg. European vendors, but that might be easier said than done

10. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Looks like extrashaving are reputable vendor, so there should not be any problems placing an order with debit/credit card?

11. Bussemand

It went straight to PP when I made a mock order yesterday, but it looks different today. I don't know if you can use CC - there's not much info on the site

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I've asked Mustafa what his plans are and I can share it here when/if he gets back with some news.

Bussemand, blashe and Robyflexx like this.
  13. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

thanks for the effort bro, I was sort of waiting to see how the DE42 and GEM they are in the works and if all was well was going to order the SE,DE42and GEM all in one shot considering they are planning to sand blast the handles also to match the razor heads. Lets see how they plan to work thing out, Mustafa will have to come out with something considering majority of the buyers are PP users no matter EU or non EU countries. He should not let absence of PP slow his business down, he is doing too good to stop in the middle of nowhere...

14. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Looks pretty cool. How are they priced ?

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

SE50 will be $85, I don't know about the DE42

16. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Now we are talking. Innovative, yes, and I can make them blades easily.. kudos. ! Nice job rocnel !

Robyflexx likes this.