New SE Razor - Rocnel

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Some of you may already be familiar with this small company out of Istanbul as they already have a rather attractive DE razor on the market (The P1):
    [​IMG]

It come in a very attractive wooden box (and I believe the new SE will as well) - looks like something @PLANofMAN might like :)
    [​IMG]

Rocnel hand-machines their products and according to their site they are able to product three razors per week.
    You can read about their production process here and see the machines used here.
    They use a wide variety of equipment - from new...to old Japanese machines from the 1930's:
    [​IMG]

Anyway - the new offering is a SE razor.
    The Rocnel SE uses DE blades snapped in half and is still in pre-production taking pre-orders but I believe they are ramping up to start production very soon if not already.
    The price for the SE razor that you see online, is, I believe a 'deposit' of $25 that you make towards the final purchase of the razor. Not sure what it will cost in the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like an interesting and attractive razor.

IDuck, 178-bplatoon, preidy and 13 others like this.
  2. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Nice looking razor. I am in sticker shock after seeing that the DE is selling for $295.

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah, I wonder if there is a possibility to opt out of the stand and box..that might bring it down quite a bit. I can understand the cost in a way though - cranking out only three boxed sets/week and it seeming very labor intensive.
    I'd say it seems on par with what you'd pay for a Wolfman with stand and box (if he had a box) :)

AGHisBBS and vwp528 like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Wow, now THIS put a different spin on things!

From the owner/creator:

"The SE razor will be USD 25 (without stand)

Details:
    Handle: (316 Stainless Steel) USD 10. It's 85mm
    Head: (316 Stainless Steel) USD 15"

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    "Siparişinizi başarı ile tamamladınız. Müşteri temsilcimiz en kısa sürede sizinle iletişime geçecektir. Bizi tercih ettiğiniz için teşekkürler."

Which means, according to Google Translate,

"You have successfully completed your order. Our customer service representative will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you for choosing us."

Edit: I do kind of want a box and stand too.

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Very interesting.

Billyfergie, Robyflexx and AGHisBBS like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

Is the SE razor $25 out the door? Plus shipping. Or is this a deposit? I don't understand the website.

Robyflexx and AGHisBBS like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

My pre-order is also in.
    No need for CC/payment - you just put yourself on the list.

AGHisBBS and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The $25 is the cost of the entire razor. No box or stand though :)

Production is slated to being next month.

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Anyways, the razor looks like the Falcon (3D image prototype render here):
    [​IMG]
    But I don't think the falcon will ever fly. This, at least is something new and interesting.
    ...and it's $25.

11. RaZorBurn123

I filled out the form like you did. Let's see what happens, I've wasted $25 on much worse things. I like this. Yes, it does resemble the Falcon and I believe you're correct about it never getting off the ground. Thanks for answering my question.
    K

12. RaZorBurn123

Thanks cookie! I'm so in on this one.

Robyflexx and AGHisBBS like this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It does have quite a similar look.
    And as you said - it's $25.

Here's their instagram feed btw: https://www.instagram.com/rocnel/

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The guy over there, Murat, seems ok. His English is so-so in emails but this could be a really fun razor to pick up.

From a post he made over on the DFS forum where he has an account:
    My little knowledge of English . My goal is to provide the world's most affordable to the consumer the highest quality razors . Production is carried out with 0.01mm accuracy. We just , we use 316 stainless steel . I 'm also 15 years of classic shaving . Blade settings are doing very well. We produce moderate aggressive product now . We will start mass production in February. Regards

15. RaZorBurn123

For some reason (I use safari) I was only able to enter up to my address, was there any more information needed?

16. RaZorBurn123

I'm all about supporting a guy with ambition! Even if it's a flop, $25 won't break the bank. I like the idea that he's even giving this a go. It looks good and promising.

17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Nah, the entire waitinglist/pre-order form looked like this:
    [​IMG]

18. RaZorBurn123

Ok cool. Thanks! So I got everything but the notes. I did get the message Ryan posted so I guess they received it. Now I'll keep an eye out for an email and my spam folder.
    K

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah I didn't get a confirmation email either.
    Let's post here when/if we hear anything back from them :)

billdog2, AGHisBBS and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

Great idea. I was going to suggest that.