New SE Razor - Rocnel

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Waiting.
    I'll check back in the morning.

BeShaved, AGHisBBS and Darkbulb like this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Should have something posted w/in the hour. Sorry, had a big dinner :D

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

First impressions of the razor posted over here

4. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

One of the people who bought one at $125 on eBay just tried to sell it on a BST forum on FB for a $296. The reaction was not great. It seems he honestly didn't know these were being priced at $25 each.

AGHisBBS and JR Reyes like this.
  5. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'm saying it again.. I really hope my preorder went in correctly!!!!

AGHisBBS, Robyflexx and Drygulch like this.
  6. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Like redfisher says, hope i did it right. I was just wondering what the email looks like. Is it an order form, a link or what. I sure wouldn`t want to mistake it for something else and delete it. I`M PRETTY LOW TECH.

7. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Can anyone post an example of what the email looks like? I haven't seen mine yet.

8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

i´ve heared that there will be some news in the future...

3 different Heads are planned...mild, medium, aggressive and additional it seems that there will be an Open Comb head someday...all for the Rocnel SE. Good news i think because as far as i read here, the razor has a very good standing. Mild and very efficient are the keywords...I´m thinking to buy one...can´t do much wrong with it i think...

Recklesstr and Robyflexx like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

What's the latest with the Rocnel?

10. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

newest is I saw a dude from the US had a video reviewing one, so seems some orders went to the US, he has 3 different Titanium color plating: black,bronze and gold but not sure if those will be offered with this pre purchase. That's pretty much it, I do also wait on email from them.

11. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

If ordered when is delivery date approximately, cost of shipping to Maine USA

12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Anyone in the States get an email yet????

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I wish. I got my confirmation on March 18 and am waiting for THE BIG EMAIL now.

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I corresponded with Murat Usta near the end of March. At that time he was preparing to send out some early releases to North American folks. Stirring up excitement, promotional previews! Nothing since he mentioned trying to reduce shipping costs. I haven't been billed yet so I assume he hasn't shipped mine.

15. Tallships

Think I'll wait till I find out what shipping cost will be before I order one. When one of the guys in U.S gets his shipment, maybe they'll post shipping cost.

16. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I believe someone mentioning that shipping is somewhere between 8-12 bucks

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

From my conversation with Murat;

PTT CARGO 25-45 DAYS ( NO TRACKİNG NUMBER) 9 USD
    TNT CARGO 2-4 DAYS ( TRACKİNG NUMBER) 19 USD

But the shipper wanted at least 50 pieces shipped going the TNT method. So I'm still waiting to hear more. Might could have gone the PTT method and received by now.

Jayaruh and BeShaved like this.
  18. Tallships

Thanks guys, not as bad as I thought. So total wait time should be about 6-8 weeks? think I'd go with TNT not sure if PTT would be secure

19. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Pre-orders haven't been shipped/confirmed (except for a select few), but the razor is now for sale at extrashaving.com... Is this a correct summary of the current status? :confused:

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Here is what my email looked like.
    upload_2016-4-30_20-43-59.png

AGHisBBS likes this.