New soap containers

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Oct 6, 2015.

1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Me too. I hate lathering from the small tins. I have some ziplock type bowls from the dollar store that work good for the pucks, but im reluctant to transfer to a different bowl. Especially ones like LPL and WSP where the logo is on the lid.

2. InspiringK

InspiringK Well-Known Member

Those ball jars look like a great fix, well done. I use the Anchor Pyrex jars to store extra soaps in, but I think the glass and metal of the mason jars will look better than the Pyrex with rubber lids that I am using now.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Here is what they look like...stacked. I ditched the metal lids and went with the plastic lids. Sorry for the poor picture quality...low light.
    image.jpeg

4. mylesc1234

mylesc1234 Active Member

That is one nice setup. Do the bowls have magnets on the bottom?

Douglas Carey and JR Reyes like this.
  5. mylesc1234

mylesc1234 Active Member

The plastic lids actually look nicer Imo

Douglas Carey and Mustache like this.
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

soap commander containers are perfect for the face latherer. they are stackable but are not small.
    I have seven now. I stack then on top of each other( two or three) on the top shelf. the only thing I'm not entirely pleased with is the contents are only labeled on top. I do alot of tipping to find the one I want.

7. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

31sgWz+KHML__SL500_AA300_.jpg I have had a couple of tins rust out, so they're a definite no-no as far as I'm concerned. Most soaps come in containers too small for me so I relocate them to a Marvy mug. Lots of room, unbreakable.

8. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Yes...they have magnets.

9. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Rusty where did you find those plastic lids?

10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Where's the rest of your stuff. I only count 8 razors, 7 brushes and a frighteningly small amount of soap.:shocked003:

11. Rusty blade

I found the plastic lids in the same aisle as the preserving jars at Walmart. This is a good time of the year to pick up these jars and lids...a lot of people make jams and pickles...so Walmart was well stocked.

I find that these jars are really easy to hold in my hand and the mouth is wide enough to get my brush in and whip up a lather. And I know the glass and plastic won't corrode over time.

12. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

That was exactly my thought when I aw them. I like that they also keep some air off of the soap keeping it fro drying out too much prematurely. (Yes I know hard soaps are okay exposed to the air for most part)

Thank you for that tip Rusty. I will check my Wally-world

I am contemplating on trying soap making myself and those look like they be GREAT jars for that

13. Rusty blade

Yes I have thought they would be ideal for making your own soap or cream. And with the plastic lid they do stack reasonably well. There is a bit of an indentation.

14. MObigfoot

MObigfoot Active Member

I picked up 4 at Walmart yesterday. They were out of the plastic lids but they have some on order. These will go with my 4 Anchor Hocking 1 cup containers

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  15. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

That's the stuff for the week. The software is stacked under the sink...lol.

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  16. Rusty blade

I have recently switched to these Pyrex containers. They fit a Haslinger soap puck perfectly and still leave room for loading the brush and building a lather. They also stack well. The small size Pyrex containers are not big enough to take a MWF puck. For my MWF I use one of the Ball containers (photo above).
    pyr_storage_plus_1c_rnd_8pc_set_1085655.jpg

17. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That's a really neat fit for the soaps and a nice dress up to the den. Looks classy. :happy088:

Douglas Carey and Rusty blade like this.
  18. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

That is legit! Looks cool and it is ergonomically

BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Rusty blade

These were the tins I had before that were showing signs of rust. And, yes, I did take care to leave my tins open after I shaved to let them air dry. Not sure if it was something in the soaps that was causing the rust spots. I ended up deciding to go with glass and plastic lids...no danger of rust.

BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.