New soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by tales1973, Jan 26, 2015.

1. tales1973

tales1973 Member

Today i ordered Catie's Bubbles “Le Piment de la Vie” And Tiki bar "Grand Cru"
    Out of my small collection, my favorite scent is RazoRock "Zi Peppino"

2. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Congrats....and welcome to SAD (soap acquisition disorder)..lol.

Catie's Bubbles and Tiki are two really good performers. That Grand Cru smells just like grape soda....it's crazy.

Please share your thoughts after they arrive and when you use them.

I have yet to try Zi Pep, but hear a lot of good things about it.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Looks like you picked two nice soaps to add to your collection.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The Zi Pepino is a hard soap to beat. I do love some others too but I always go back to it. For me the scent is nice but the lather is awesome. I have 4 just in case they discontinue it lol

Ceferguson likes this.
  5. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Tonsorial parlor from catie's bubbles was delivered today. Smell is nice. Can't wait to see what everyone is raving about. Tomorrow, however, is for MdC Fourgere.

clint64 likes this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

How would you describe the scent of the Tonsorial parlor? I have it in my wish list.

7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I ordered Cattie's LPV today with a Merkur blade held to my wrist. I swear every time I try a new soap, I just can't tell much difference from most of my my other soaps. Everything is so good, I just can't tell the diff. At least this is an 8 oz. tub. Yea, that's it. It's an 8 oz. tub. That'll make it different. Help me.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Oh around here you always receive lots of help. You gents are giving me ideas about this soap ... ;)

CyanideMetal likes this.
  9. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Catie's Le Piment de la Vie is one of the most complex scents I have tried, so far. Enjoy!

10. tales1973

tales1973 Member

Grape was the best choice, Most were sold out. I don't care for mint. Do have a puck of Joshua tree Spiced rum? from ebay, will give that a shot later tonight.

11. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Subtle flowery citrus. Not really manly but then not feminine. I have not tried it but do look forward to it

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thanks. Another one to add to my list.

Omelmad likes this.
  13. tales1973

tales1973 Member

Going with Joshua Tree Soap Works "Spiced Bay Rum" tonight. I like the aroma, seems a little chunky.
    [​IMG]

14. tales1973

tales1973 Member

WOW *note to self, resize pics in the future*

15. tales1973

tales1973 Member

It didn't lather well, Not the soap for me.

16. tales1973

tales1973 Member

Tried the Grand Cru tonight, It does smell like welch's grape soda. Due to my limited knowledge of soaps, I'm unable to review it like others. IMO, it is a great soap, now i have two soaps i enjoy using. Im thankful to all who recommended it!

17. fishrmanjohn

fishrmanjohn New Member

I just picked up ARKO shave soap on amazon....it appears to be turkish...scent remindsz me of old time bathhouses....it is the bast I have used...I have tried a bunch...this makes a really thick, rich buttery lather with just a few sweeps of the brush....and best off...it's cheap...I love it...give it a try!

Omelmad likes this.