New Stirling Gentleman

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobcat, Jun 27, 2016.

1. George X

George X Well-Known Member

And it has arrived. Brush is conditioned and ready to go for tomorrow. Not sure what to think of Texas Fire, but the Sterling Gentleman smells oh sooooo good.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

If you need to pass that "Texas on fire" then give me a holler. Im in Texas, it feels like it's on fire in the summer, and i have been wanting to try that one.

3. George X

George X Well-Known Member

The Stirling Gentlemen paired with the new Stirling Finest Badger 24x54mm brush and my favorite razor of all time...a $10 antique store find 1920 Gillette gold Open Comb 3pc Ball end.

This heft of this brush will take some time to get used to, but I love it now and the future is bright. I had to work at this to get that typical Stirling lather and I believe it is because it is the first time using a brush of this heft and I didn't load it enough. After a considerable amount of time I got the lather to explode into that perfect balance. That brush is a lather hog and when it releases, OH MY! At first whiff, the scent of the soap is very mild and not as concentrated as I thought I would prefer, it is subtle and enduring. Post shave...I believe it is just the right concentrate.

Awesome job Rod and and Mandy on this masterpiece scent. Oh and thanks for the partial sample of the Cherry. Smells yummy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Did you try. The Gatlinburg yet? If so, how is it?

BradleyD likes this.
  5. BradleyD

BradleyD Active Member

I haven't shaved with Gatlinburg yet but I opened the wrapper to smell it. I got a sample size bath soap with another purchase from them and the scent to me is one of their top 3 scents. To me it's a complex scent... I'm not the best at profiling a scent but to me it's a soft Woodsy musky smoky type scent with some type of dry herby smell. It's a wonderful scent. If you want I could send you half the puck to try. I also have the black ice sample which smells like black licorice if you want it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Paul Turner and ob1page like this.
  6. Paul Turner

No thanks on your kind offer to send the Gatlionburg and black ice. I'd be getting the Gatlionburg aftershave if I indeed choose it. One of these days I'll try a shave soap, but I'm comfortable with my canned items for now(Rise Super Foam and Noxema-now the regular, but I may try the Aloe&Lanolin later). And thanks for the comment on the Gatlinburg fragrance.

BradleyD likes this.
  7. BradleyD

BradleyD Active Member

No problem at all. In that case then I'd recommend the scent. My favorite aftershave scent right now is by Fine accouterments in the scent Platinum. Best smelling aftershave there is imo!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

That one, and their Barbershop, appeal to me the most. Y'know, a reviewer of Stirling's Executive Man A.S. said it almost equates Fine Platinum.

ob1page likes this.
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Yep, get some Stirling Executive Man. It is based on Creed Aventus like Fine Platinum........

10. BradleyD

BradleyD Active Member

Creed Aventus is some expensive stuff.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ob1page likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Rod, it appears there is an updated description of Stirling Gentleman on your website-I like the new one.

ezlovan likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

oooohhh

13. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks! I put a lot of thought into that one. Also had some help from Mr. Griffin.

14. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Then there are folks like me. Recently returned to DE shaving. Bought a couple Stirling soaps (Bay Rum and Executive Man) and found them to be great. I didn't know you had changed the packaging. Just figured you always had this good looking label. I ordered three more this morning from West Coast Shaving: Barbershop, Sharp Dressed Man, and Orange Chill. I'm on a well and my water is so hard you can walk on it. Stirling Soaps all lather great for me.

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

The old labels were cool, the new ones are just cooler! :cool:

Col C likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

You still here? I'd like that 1/2 puck of the Gatlinburg, if the offer still stands. Thanks!

17. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Bobcat, did you puchase the stirling gentlemen as an entire kit? Razor etc...

18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Well, I got the soap first. Then the bath soap and aftershave. I always have Rod add menthol to my AS.

SILKS and Robyflexx like this.
  19. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Very cool ... I've been on the fence on which soap/scent to order next. What are your thoughts on Stirling Gentlemen,Executive Man and Sharp Dressed Man..?

Robyflexx likes this.
  20. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

My thoughts on it are: SDM- Timeless Classic Masculine. Executive Man - Lighter cologne, masculine but younger, fresh. Gentleman - Light vanilla and tobacco, a little musky? Gentleman is my absolute favorite of the three. Not even close. Plus my wife loves it, so I win all the way around.

Bobcat, Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.