New Stirling Gentleman

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobcat, Jun 27, 2016.

1. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

SOOOO....GENTLEMEN DOES THE TRICK WITH THE LADIES........ Would you say it's more old school ?? LADIES MEANING MY WIFE

Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  2. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

:eatdrink047:

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I am 46. So is my wife. That said, when it comes to old school, she can't stand anything with any powdery smell to it whatsoever. She doesn't much care for any Old Spice, AV type scents etc...

When she buys me colognes, they have been Armani, and CK's, just to give you an idea.

I think this is kind of a barbershop "ish" scent without the powder. It is more old school than anything else she seems to like.

Linuxguile and Robyflexx like this.
  4. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Gotcha!!! I'm sold...... Will purchase a puck today. ( MAY GET SAMPLES OF SDM & EM)

Robyflexx and PickledNorthern like this.
  5. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Any thoughts on TOBS Sandalwood..?

6. PickledNorthern

I have not tried the soap. I am also kind of a curmudgeon about the cream because it doesn't really smell like Sandalwood. Even in their own description they call it a classic fougere, and sandalwood is listed as one of about seven base notes.

It smells good, don't get me wrong, and it is pretty good cream, but I think it should be called something else. Like "Not Sandalwood", or "Everything but the Kitchen Sink, and maybe a little Sandalwood".

That's why I get irrationally crabby when people say it is their favorite sandalwood. To me that's like saying that vanilla is your favorite kind of chocolate.....

None of my business, and people can certainly like what they like. It is my peeve like @swarden43 hates when people say they bloom their soaps.

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

We are on the same page- I meant the cream. How does it respond as far as a shaving cream goes?

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I gather from your comments that Exec. Man is probably more for the 20-40 crowd(younger)?

9. Paul Turner

I bet he's gone.

10. Paul Turner

where does she come in on Clubman?

11. PickledNorthern

TOBS makes good creams. Personally I don't feel like they slicken up as well as my favorite soaps. They also leave a pretty exceptional film on my hardware.

Definitely worth a try though. I like the peppermint and the grapefruit.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. PickledNorthern

I don't know if it is for a younger crowd per se. I am just bad with scents. Maybe I should have said modern as opposed to younger.

I definitely isn't like Axe or something. Any man could wear it. Like SDM, it is based off one of the Creed scents. I THINK Aventus???

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. PickledNorthern

It is powdery. She would not care for it. TBH, I don't either so I have never asked her.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

SDM is based on Creed Green Irish Tweed.

15. PickledNorthern

Maybe I worded that wrong. I meant Executive Man. Is that Aventus?

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Yes, I believe that's right.

17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

"Very cool ... I've been on the fence on which soap/scent to order next. What are your thoughts on Stirling Gentlemen,Executive Man and Sharp Dressed Man..?"

I really like Executive Man (based on Creed Aventus), SDM not so much.

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR:git:

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Bob, from the samples I received yesterday, which include those 3, I have to say that the 4th one was quite nice-Sandpiper. What a tough choice this will be for me when I finish them, to buy the large size, plus the matching 5.8 soap.

Bobcat likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

I just received samples of those two aftershaves-but you want the pucks, I see.