New to Market

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by over5feet, Sep 3, 2010.

1. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

Before I start I have not been paid to write a review and am not associated with the company just wanted to share:

So today in the post I got a new soap to the market and thought I would give it a little review:

So the cost is £10.50 +P&P for a 120g tub (plastic screw top) don't let the bland packaging put you off
    Its a hard soap not a cream-
    With little effort you can achieve a deep rich lather that will give you a nice even coat to your face and the after effect leaves you with a soft feel like its been moisturized and smells is like Christmas (due to the Mixed spices) with the hint of single malt scotch whisky that gives your face the slightest hint of a tingle which feels great.

The product is Manufactured by the Shetland Soap Co for The Gentleman's Groom Room and has a shelf-life of 2 years.

On the front of the Tub:
    Traditional shaving soap essence of Scotland Sweet Gale

Enriched & Fragranced with bog myrtle,Natural honey,Mixed spices,Cedarwood and Aberfeldy single malt Scotch whisky

Hand Made in Scotland

And the label on the rear list the Ingredients:
    Aqua,Propylene Glycol,Sodium stearate,Vegetable Glycerine,Sucrose,Sodium laurate,Sobitol,Sodium laureth sulphate,Sodium lauryl sulphate,Sodium chloride,Stearic acid,Pentasodium pentetate,Tetrasodium etidronate,Cera alba,Cornfour, Aloa barbadensis,Myrica gale,Cedrus allantica,Cinnamon & Clove spices,Honey,Aberfeldy single malt whisky,Linalool.

And :
    Specially commissioned be The Gentleman's Groom Room
    Manufactured by Shetland soap co.

Overall I would give this a 9/10 for the quality of the soap and say is up there with best of the soaps I have used from Penhaligons,Trumper,Truefitt,Taylor, Occitane to name a few but I think the product is just let down a little by the packaging.

There is another soap in this range called SCOTTISH HEATHER which I have not yet tried or smelled as like I said these are new to the market and I was only told about these last week when asking Ian (owner of the company) what new products he had as this is man I use when I need to restock,
    If you want to have a look at his items he has: http://www.thegentlemansgroomroom.com

Again this review is mine and mine alone and has not been paid for and is not associated with the companies and its own reviews

Quick note this product is not yet on his website its in the news section but can be ordered over the phone

Attached Files:

2. sffone

sffone Member

Thank you for letting us know about it. I'd like to try some.

3. geogaga

geogaga Member

Single malt whisky in soap? Truefitt&Hill now has to go with premium cognac :)

4. herzi

herzi Active Member

For me it's to much chemistry in the soap.

The INCIs sound like a melt & pour base which is made for lathering like mad. Every tensid I know that lathers good is in the soap.