New to Me Aristocrat Jr. Rocket

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jayaruh, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

There maybe some variances here. Both Aristocrat Jr. that I've owned were both more aggressive than either of the 3 red tips I've owned. I can not comment on a HD since I have not tried it.

2. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

So far I like the Red Tip. You are right - different shaver than the Rocket and/or Aristocrat Jr. I guess I will use all three of them over the course of the next weeks and try to compare them. Though I also have a borrowed Mongoose incoming that needs to be evaluated :D

As poikkeus said
    The Aristocrat Jr is a little more top-heavy than the Rocket. Other than adding weight, the flat base does not change the shave, I think.

brit likes this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I find that the rocket HD to be a bit more efficient than the red tip. The HD is my favorite TTO. If I could only pick one TTO, the rocket HD would be it!

brit and Taipan like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I saw a British made aluminum Rocket in a flea market. I came in a zip up
    leather case with a hair brush , and what appeared to be salt & pepper shakers. I do enjoy the two U.S. built units I own. Anyone have opinions on the Aluminum Unit?

5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I also have a 40's style rocket with the aluminum handle. It's much lighter than the HD. The head is the same as the HD and gives a similar but much milder shave due to the handle weight.

I like it and it's a nice razor. Would I take it to a desert island? No! But, I do like it. In fact, I used it this morning and got a nice shave.

6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

If you like super speeds, you're likely to love rockets. They have a silky smooth TTO mechanism and seem to have better plating.

Taipan and brit like this.
  7. jjfar

jjfar New Member

I believe that the Parat is actually a HD 500 Rocket.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Actually here is what the differences are
    C114A2F8-0CCF-4806-8502-3CC0D96F7716.jpeg

A- is the Aristocrat Jr
    B - is the Parat
    C - is the rocket
    D - is the HD 500
    The rocket and the hd500 at similar with the rocket having an aluminum handle. There is another “rocket” that looks like the Parat.

brit and Jayaruh like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

P4290006.JPG , P4290005.JPG left, aristocrat jr ,middle ,rocket/later aristocrat jr,right ,rocket hd

Screwtape likes this.