Nice bubbles you got here

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by shavingidiot savant, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Hi All,
    After my initial outburst (first two posts) the other day, I DID go ahead and order a few soaps from Sue. That was Thursday, and got em on Saturday. Pretty darn fast, even though I live in a totally different county! Heh..... please excuse my sarcasm in advance for all future posts.......sort of a 'blanket' apology.
    Well, yesterday I tried the lime/vanilla and today it was spellbound woods. The sandlewood/vanilla is up soon......heh. I figured (hoped) three would be enough to start with (said with a nervous chuckle), but we'll see.
    For the last six months I've stuck to using soaps by HBS, TGQ, with QED products as an occasional change up. I found by trial and error that those makers have the best shaving soaps to achieve the perfect shave for me. YMMV is the joker in the deck of course, but those soaps work how I want them to work. For me, they're the perfect combo of scent and performance.
    Sue? Your product is wonderful. Only two shaves with it, but I know what I like by now, AND what works for me. Your soap performs as well as the above mentioned ones. Took me just a tweak or two to get the ratio right, and man........what slick shaves. No dryness or tightness, even after 4 passes.
    I really am bad at scent descriptions, and feel uncomfortable trying to explain what these smell like. I'm certainly going to be using them regularly, but what smells good to me might not to you out there. The main thing to consider, at least in my view, is how effective that maker's products are. The next thing is the search for the scents by smelling them yourself...........ordering more from that person, in other words. That was the cause of my nervous laughter earlier. I know this ain't the end of it...........hehe.
    Anyway, just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed my new toys.
    Martin

2. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I also am a big fan of Honeybee Sue soaps. I also make shaving sticks from them: melt a puck of her soap and pour it into a shaving stick container from Mama Bear. (You first must rub some oil or grease in a thin coating on the sides of the container so the soap won't stick.) Today, in fact, I'm making four of the shaving sticks. Great stuff.

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:happy001 Yes, that was quite an outburst you made :D

Thanks for the comments, believe it or not, I have not actually tried the HBS, though I do quite enjoy The Gentleman's Quarter, and QED. They are both outstanding :happy088

4. Hi Michael,
    Yeah, I read about the big doings at your place regarding the set up before your 'pour'....heh. Saw that in your blog earlier, and I had to smile a bit at your unending enthusiasm with this whole shaving thing.
    HBS was the first soap ever ordered by me, and that was based on your recommendation. You were especially impressed with the 'fresh lemon' at that time, and that was one I included in my order. Up till then I'd only used creams and was still a bit new to proper shaving. Steering me to HBS was a helpful tip..that's for sure.
    I also know how much you like Mamabear's products, and once again I have to agree with you. I saw the recent week's worth of shaving reviews you did using her products, and that made me (more) curious as well.
    Once again, thanks for all the helpful contributions.
    Martin

5. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

You're welcome. Yep, I'm still enthusiastic. And I really do like the shave sticks---Mama Bear now offers them. I just got a Wilkinson shave stick on Saturday and will give it a go tomorrow.

6. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Martin, by my reconning... you are an entire 20 miles from me... next time, come on up and we will have coffee and a sniff fest :::D

Thanks hon. I am glad you like the soaps...very, very glad!!

Bear Hugs!

7. Morning Sue,
    I'm happy (and relieved) to finally try a few of your soaps. I'd been reading so many positive posts in the various forums over the 6-7 months.........glad to see they work so nicely for me as well.
    You know, I DO get up to the Gurnee area from time to time, and would be pleased to stop by when I'm in the area again (I'd call in advance of course).
    Sue? Yes, I do like coffee, but I hope your idea of a 'sniff fest' doesn't include sitting around and watching sad movies. I'd much prefer to sample your different offerings when I'm there, if you don't mind. Maybe we can tell just one sad story as well if you insist......heh.
    Thanks for the response to my earlier post, and looking forward to contributing in the future.
    Martin