Nick-Free Shave

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by zoltetov, May 29, 2016.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

+1

Keep those angles low so the razor won't catch the hair shafts and bite.

Carbide Mike, BeShaved and Robyflexx like this.
  2. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

I'm just discovering that all razor blades are definitely not the same. I thought they were, before I started using a de safety razor. I've been using a Gillette 7 o'clock black. Let me tell you, these are incredibly smooth and very forgiving. They are not like any blade I've tried before. I like them. So far I'm using it with my Slim razor, opened a little more than the setting I normally shave on. I'll bet they'll be great in my Old a Type. Good blades.

3. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Every time I see this thread title I think, " Who's Nick and why is he always messing up your shaves?" Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

You have definitely come to the best place for any advice!! I love reading other people's posts because, for example, I always wondered why there were so many different brands of DE blades because I thought they'd all cut the same. After reading 3 or 4 posts I started learning about which were the aggressive razors (even in the same DE razor) and which weren't. I like to stay away from the aggressive razors because my hair is pretty light and fair. Having said that I use a SR for most of my fave and neck right now. So far I've shaved (under nose and all around my chin) with the Gillette Silver Blue razors and I've loved it so far and am Nick-free with my DE shaves. I'll echo what everyone has said about tight skin and no pressure!
    Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike and BeShaved like this.
  5. flaxton

flaxton Active Member

I have been using Derby blades and shark blades for a few weeks and have had no cuts or nicks. Take your time and as others say make sure you have plenty of soap.

Carbide Mike and BeShaved like this.
  6. shadowfeind

shadowfeind Active Member

Try astra sp. I use them with proraso sandalwood cream and do a 3 pass shave. WTG xtg and ATG and use a merkur 34c razor. I get irritation free shaves everytime. Be very careful with the pressure, it took me about a month since I started shaving with a DE razor 6 months ago. Also practice "riding the cap". Always keep the top cap of the razor touching your skin. That will give you the optimum blade angle of about 30 degrees to get a smooth shave. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  7. Dshild

Dshild New Member

8. Dshild

Dshild New Member

I have the same problem. Thanks for sharing. I think I know what to change. Last night's shave was the best shave I'd ever had and tonight's was the worst.