Nivea Bodywash for Men

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Paul Turner, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

There's a couple new ones out. Nivea is my summer bodywash. My skin can either be "cool" or "platinum-clean. Nice choices, I say.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Why not use real soap or real liquid soap rather than SLS/SLES car wash products?

richgem likes this.
  3. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

Because then he wouldn't be "cool" or "platinum clean."

4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy097:

realtore!!! likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

there's also one called RELAX.(by Nivea). I kinda like THAT name :)

Carbide Mike and Robyflexx like this.
  6. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

I think I need that one if it works. . .

Carbide Mike and Paul Turner like this.
  7. realtore!!!

realtore!!! Active Member

I like the Nivea "cool" body wash. I use it or dove "extra fresh" during the summer. If sls is a problem I've used both Everyman Jack and "18.21 man made wash" that do not contain sls. 18.21 is some of the best body wash money can buy and the scent is amazing!

8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Agreed. We've gone back to soap bars as well, and among my favourites are the various soaps produced by the Dutch biological producer "De Traay". But there are many producers of biological olive soaps, with various added ingredients, and great scents (like sandalwood and cedar). Gentle on the skin, economical, and more fun (YMMV) than BDF or Unilever stuff from a plastic flacon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sabre likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

update-I have it now.

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Right on Paul! :happy036:

11. Paul Turner

Yes....and it is nice. I didn't want to buy those Suaves, but it was either that or the heavy stuff I use in cold weather. Thanks for your usual great encouragement :).

Carbide Mike and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Watch out for what Nivea has done to "copycat" the COOL...they put out a clone of it. I think we should keep buying the COOL, to let the Niv boys know that they shouldn't fix what isn't broken.

13. Paul Turner

I'll have to decide this winter which would be the best "hydrating" bodywash-Nivea or to go back to Dial(my usual winter b-wash).

14. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

These days I'm all about the Nivea Active Wash Charcoal. The scent is so fresh and it lingers well after the shower in a really nice way.

15. Paul Turner

Is it in the Bodywash 4 Men lineup?

16. CliffDweller

Here it is:
    [​IMG]

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

thanks for showing it to me! Might well be a solid late fall/winter choice.

CliffDweller likes this.
  18. CliffDweller

All I can say man, is it makes me feel cleaner than anything I've used and I'm sort of addicted to the scent -- it does linger afterwards once you're back on dry land, so for some that may be good and others may prefer to be unscented out in the world. I used to love the cool blue 'flavor' but this charcoal is a different level. And funny, my wife uses it too.

If you do pick it up, please report back, I'll be curious to see what your experience is with it, it is a seriously unique soap if nothing else.

19. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I use Nivea bodywash and its not bad. I dont really get a cooling sensation from the Cool but it lathers, gets me clean, its readily available and fairly inexpensive. I dont know that I really buy into the marketing of the Platinum Clean or the one with charcoal.
    Really, the only downer with Nivea is that the scents are just kind of meh. For that reason, I prefer Old Spice over Nivea but if its on sale, I'll go Nivea.

20. CliffDweller

I don't know if there's a separate body wash thread or if we can/should just use this one, but I am always hunting for the best body wash and would love to hear tips from fellow soap heads. I have cycled through many brands and enjoy the space-race on textures & scents that's going on. We live in a golden age of body washes these days.

Badger, a couple of the Old Spice ones have those sort of high-tech gritty sand-stuff in there that really wakes me up. Need to circle back to Old Spice one of these days as there are probably a lot of good new ones out since I've tried them.