NO BUMPS!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by priest2705, Nov 25, 2014.

1. priest2705

priest2705 Well-Known Member

So, I'm about 3 weeks into my wet shaving odyssey, and finding it thoroughly enjoyable, which is something that I never thought I'd say about shaving. Using my Ball End Tech with Astra blades, working on my technique for my 30 days. For the first 2 weeks, I was still getting razor bumps on the back of my neck after I shaved my head. But, 3 shaves ago (I shave every other day), no bumps. Then, 2 shaves ago, no bumps again. And yesterday, no bumps. I'm not ready to declare myself razor bump free for life as of yet, but I will say that this is the first time in 14 years of shaving my head that I haven't had a single razor bump after a shave.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Excellent news! :happy088:

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

4. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

Brilliant, welcome to the DE epiphany! I was another sufferer and I'm glad to say I've no issues now whatsoever. Good luck on the rest of your journey!

5. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

That's an excellent testimony on vintage tech being superior! Congrats!

6. priest2705

priest2705 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It's crazy to think about the fact that technology that's more than 100 years old is better for the health if a man's skin than newer technology that seems to "improve" every year. Or rather, it's a testament to the marketing skills of major corporations

tuxxdk, dbersh and Radiotube like this.
  7. nunhgrader

nunhgrader Member

Congrats - since I have been DE/ wet shaving - people have been telling me how healthy my skin looks. Congrats!

8. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Congrats. Its amazing how much better it is for the skin. Plus shaving is fun again.

9. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Great news.

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

11. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Yes!!!!!! As a head shaver I know the pain of getting Razor Bumps. Awesome news dude.

12. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Awesome. :signs021:

I wish I could say the same. I haven't seen any improvements in that area on my head shaves yet, but I suspect mine are bacterial, not ingrown related. I actually have a Derm appointment tomorrow. :sad023:

priest2705 likes this.
  13. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Congrats!

14. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Tea Tree son.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  15. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I've been using a TTO mix I picked up at Winco. Doesn't seem to help much. I've struggled with Folliculitis in the past, even when I was using carts. Antibiotics clears it up every time, even when I'm taking them for other reasons. My best shaves have always come about 4 or 5 days into a course of antibiotics. This time I'm going to see the Derm to specifically talk about prevention.

16. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Nice, man. I'm in the same boat pretty much, but just on my face. I'm not getting razor bumps anymore, but it's still a battle to get rid of years worth of cartridge razor burn that's been ingrained into my face for about 7-10 years. I've only been DE shaving since beginning of this June.

@gwsmallwood, you should try PFB Vanish. http://www.amazon.com/PFB-Vanish/dp/B00505FE4M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416949862&sr=8-3&keywords=PFB Vanish. I was recommended it by my girlfriend's Esthetician while I still cart shaved. That plus DE shaving has gotten rid of 100% of the ingrown hairs on my face. But, am still battling with old razor burn. It's relatively cheap, lasts months and months, and is one of those "What do you have to lose?" products.

17. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

I had an ongoing issue with folliculitis. I noticed the same with antibiotics. Would totally clear it up. Tried everything and nothing worked to prevent it. Finally, I saw a derm and she put me on Benzaclin. I have not had an issue since being on it.

18. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

19. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Very nice, enjoy your shave.

20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I suspect it's a bit of both. I am glad you are getting good results!