NOS Aristocrat

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

If this really is NOS, and it certainly looks like it is, somebody got a very nice deal.

CLICK ME

2. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

Very nice shot. Looks unused and the Dispenser is wrapped

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Brassing on the safety bar?

4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'd bet its a reflection. It does look unused. That's not the original Gillette tag of course.

5. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

It certainly does not look NOS. I agree that it looks like missing plating on the bar.

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I agree with Chris on it being reflection. I have seen gold razors on eBay that looked completely silver because of the funky flash setting that was used.

Those cream colored dispensers are hard to come by, too.

7. mr-razor

+1
    most comes this set with the cream colored Speedpack

8. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

It was me!:D I couldn't believe the price I got it for. I was thinking a reflection on the safety bar as well. It was $80 after shipping and handling.

9. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Why am I not surprised? :D

10. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Nice score, Scott, but mine's still better! :taunt002

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Hiya,

In a very weird bit of timing, I bought the exact same razor and case yesterday. Case is in beautiful shape, and the razor is very near mint. No bladeholder, but at least I now know what type is correct.

I happen to stop in at a shop that rarely will have a razor or two for sale....usually straights all beat to heck (which I always pass on). Yesterday though, they had the Aristocrat someone had brought in the day before. Heh, of course I can never shave with the silly thing cause it's too pristine.

Ran me $12 plus tax, which I thought was fairly reasonable..........

Well, I have a new razor to LOOK at now...........heh. Silly 'hobby'.
    Martin

Oh..Rick? You know those pics of that set is a severe form of taunting! You should be ashamed of yourself. Hehe, I had to look again, even though I've seen that set up before. Didn't you pay about the same as Scotty did?

You bastard ( a term of endearment).

12. mr-razor

Great!!! :happy096

13. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

Wow, that's an impressive set.. congrats!
    Wondering how much something like that cost back when it was produced?

14. mr-razor

$5 in 1950

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  15. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Cool ad, Achim! :happy088

That confirms that the set was made for Christmas, as I had kind of thought.

And to also confirm that $5 price, you can see where the retailer penciled it in on the bottom of the case. Funny thing about the case is that the name is stamped on the bottom. I always thought it was weird that they didn't put it on the lid.

16. mmack66

mmack66 Member

To me it looks like the plating is missing from the safety bar as it looks the same in all three pictures from different angles.

17. Henrique

Henrique New Member

I know it's awful to hate anyone I never met because of a razor, but I do hate you. :D

Seriously..... wow, just wow....

18. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

And would you believe that I found this at one of my local antique stores that typically have nothing of interest? The next best razor I have found at these shops was a Fat Boy for $2 that needed some serious cleaning.

19. Henrique

Henrique New Member

I imagine your face, when you first saw it...

When I "met" my first #66 "she" was in a blanket on the ground on a flea market. Poor thing ... all alone... probably shivering :happy102

I almost bruised my wife's arm with a entusiastic squeeze.

ahh first loves.:happy102

20. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

Thanks for posting the add! Achim's database is pretty amazing.