**SOLD** NOS British Gillette Psycho razors

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by cpool222, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

ALL SOLD

Also open to trades: If any members are interested in a Psycho, but can't afford one right now, I would consider a trade for a lather-catcher I don't have or a barber-pole Gillette. Thanks.
    Here are three NOS British Gillette Psycho razors. As many of you already know, most of these came in a box of ten with only one key. For those of you who may not know the story, these razors were used in psychiatric hospitals and prisons before the advent of the plastic cartridge razors because with the Psycho razor, the blade could be locked in place by the key, then given to the patient or prisoner who would be unable to open the locked razor head, so they were unable to remove the razor blade to use on themselves or others. Then when they were returned to the psychiatric ward orderly or prison guard, the key would be used to remove and dispose of the blade safely. The keys/knobs are made by Bob's Razor Works and they are: (from top to bottom): 1) bull mastiff knurled, 2) smooth (with two grooves), 3) flared tip with knurling

As you see in the last pic, these have the magnets in the key for easy blade removal. I’ll take $95 apiece for them, which will include CONUS shipping and tracking (international contact me so we can work out reasonable shipping costs). They are great shavers and great display/conversation pieces as they are a unique part of shaving history not made any longer. Dec. Psychos 002 - Copy.JPG Dec. Psychos 003 - Copy.JPG Dec. Psychos 007 - Copy.JPG Dec. Psychos 008 - Copy.JPG Dec. Psychos 006.JPG .

brit, Enrico, Conrad1959 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.