Not bbs. :[

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by hawk8945, Jul 15, 2014.

1. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Tried an Astra blade in my Superspeed today versus the Derby that I have been using and seemed to provide a near BBS shave - assume they are sharper. A pack of Feather blades are in the mail that will be the real test!

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  2. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

I never aspire to a BBS shave, DFS works for me. I guess I can safely say that really do not know what a BBS feels like. I know that when I shave in the morning, my shave lasts all day and that is good enough for me. Two passes and a touch up is all I ever do.

Dave

BigMark likes this.
  3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

CCS - Close Comfortable Shave, isn't bad. I cannot go ATG no matter what. Not even on my head do I go ATG, aside from going front to back. I can easily get razor bumps on the back of my head/neck if I got ATG. Some guys can get BBS others cannot.

4. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Super Speeds are a milder shave, but typically a good shaver nonetheless. I havent had any issues with them clogging up. I typically rinse them after each couple of strokes though. As far as BBS, "chasing the baby" will only make you frustrated. Go for just getting a good shave each time and if you achieve BBS, its BONUS! :happy005:

5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Super Speeds aren't that good for me. I found them to be too mild. They were mediocre at best. My biggest problem was that I didn't like the shaving angle of Super Speeds.

6. hawk8945

hawk8945 New Member

It was definitely the razor. Shaved with a fat tech this evening and got a much better shave. My ss was good but this was better.

7. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

I never got a good shave from a SS or a FHT but my 1946 aristocrat is giving me really good shaves equally as good as my slim handle and my progress to me it is the luck of the draw.

hawk8945 likes this.
  8. hawk8945

hawk8945 New Member

I just got a slim adjustable and I must say 6 is my setting. Only needed two passes and got damn fine shave.

9. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

For some reason the slims have always worked well for me that is the razor I used to developed most of my technique.I hope you will enjoy the comfortable shaves a slime can give.
    Take care.

hawk8945 likes this.
  10. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Good luck, I'm having same problem with try to get a better shave, I'm going to go to my Slim next shave. Good feed back for the clog problem.

11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I still don't understand clogging

12. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Simple - hair and shaving cream get stuck between the blade and head of the razor eventually filling the space and not allowing the blade to make close contact with the skin - happens more with the multi blade cartridges than DE or SE razors IMHO...

13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

that's alot of hair
    Ok I understand now