Now being sold on eBay..

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Misphit, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That reminds me...didn't you undertake a brush restore project some time ago with a screw in the handle? Or am I completely mistaken?
    The brush looked like a complete write-off at the time - were you able to salvage it?

GDCarrington and Misphit like this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Still in the production queue. I'm up to my elbows in razors at the moment and other 'distractions' (these little events called Christmas/New Years) have necessitated my returning to the brush at a future date.
    Yep, that brush HAD a screw…but regrettably the seller removed it prior to shipping it. Kinda felt ripped off….:D

she's a beaut! :love055:
    [​IMG]

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Gorgeous you do great work Kev...wait...oh...never mind :D

Well, I can't wait to see what you eventually will turn this one into. Maybe even a brush :)

4. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg He has this for sale on the bay as well, and will combine shipping. What a great year end deal!

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

:happy102:
    That's good.
    Whenever our smoke alarm goes off in the kitchen, I tell my wife (of Polish heritage) that the Polish kitchen timer is going off!
    :D

6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Allen head cap screw in stainless steel. Ironically, I saw this listing today and had a laugh to myself.

GDCarrington and Misphit like this.
  7. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I would add:
    Y'all should see some of the engineering we've improvised at the deer lease. There's some gold medal performances out there.

Always remember:
    If it moves, and it shouldn't, duck it.
    If it doesn't move, and it should, WD-40 it.
    Bailing wire? It's a tool.
    If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid.

dbersh, Mr. Droid, Misphit and 2 others like this.
  8. Big Eazy

Big Eazy New Member

Nice but needs to be restored

Misphit likes this.
  9. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Nooooooo! I am so ashamed! Which part of Portugal is it located in? :lyrtuy5:

Misphit likes this.
  10. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Well, if you think the repaired Star is bad, check out the sweet fix job on this schick... also currently for sale on the bay.
    [​IMG]
    I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure the handle has been replaced with the body of a magic marker! That is one way to do it. Seems to be a terrible way to do it, but I have never shaved with a marker, so who knows? Maybe it is awesome.

Jostalli, Misphit, Spit_Fire and 4 others like this.
  11. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

It's the opposite of wet shaving. Dry-erase shaving!!! :)

12. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Nix, nix. Anyone who can make his own (quite excellent, BTW!) bay rum AS can swap a screw - of his choice! Start the bidding war, Rollah! You da man!

Shoot. You spiff that bad boy up and you can re-auction it with a complete screw accesories kit. Double your money, fer sure!

;)

Misphit, HolyRollah and GDCarrington like this.
  13. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Just one step up from....

[​IMG]

Misphit and maltedmilk like this.
  14. maltedmilk

Article Team
    No way! I'm not objecting to your crafted, hot-glued handles, but the Star DE is a mighty fine shaver. Your entry is... <shudder>... carts!

;)

Misphit likes this.
  15. Spit_Fire

Spit_Fire Well-Known Member

Less chance of tear out that way.

Misphit likes this.
  16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

That razor is definitely in BAD shape and in need of an overhaul/replate!:( I'd also change out the screw to a counter sunk torx head or allen head. That said I like "Frankinrazors" in general and I especially like the looks and feel(shape and knurling) of the Star handle quite a bit and they shave as well as any other Gillette tech. If restoring/replating it is your intention I wouldn't give more than $5 or $6 shipped for it. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Misphit likes this.
  17. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

This reminds me, I found a Star DE in an antique store several months ago, sadly fastener free. I still haven't used it. I must have too many razo...Ha Ha Ha, sorry I couldn't keep a straight face there.

Anyone have one of these Stars? I think I'll find mine and give it a go next week.

Edit: thanks for pre-answering my question Eddie.

maltedmilk and Misphit like this.
  18. maltedmilk

Article Team
    The Star is a quite respectable mild shaver. It is in the Tech ballpark and can hold its own, always a contender for the World Series. I had a mile marker shave with mine, but have evolved a taste for more efficient and aggressive razors since. However, I won't be cutting the Star from my herd anytime soon. I love the handle and the shave!

NOTE: another TSD thread on the Star DE >here<.

Give 'er a spin and report back. Enjoy!

ALSO... make sure you do not over-tighten the handle! It makes a huge difference!

Lexicon Devil and Misphit like this.
  19. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

I have a DE Star, but mine has a different handle. Very similar to the Start SE handle. But I love the thing. Very similar to a Gillette Tech, but I actually like the Star better. Definitely worth trying.

20. eaterofdog

eaterofdog Member

How about the elusive Long Comb Slant?

[​IMG]

VedderLG, Jostalli and Lexicon Devil like this.