Now being sold on eBay..

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Misphit, Dec 31, 2014.

1. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

2. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I believe it came from the Star Duit Chershelf razor restoration service.

3. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Spit_Fire and Misphit like this.
  5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Why drunk? It looks to me like the screw portion of the upper plate broke off. At that point, the razor was effectively worthless. At least the screw modification had a chance at restoring the razor to use. Sure, it looks cheesy and jury-rigged because it is. It's less wasteful than simply throwing the razor out, though.

It is no surprise to see that razor offered for sale on eBay. Yet another attempt at eBay widget moving, regardless of the widget or its value. I'm just waiting for the day when folks start trying to sell limited edition dirt clods on the 'Bay. :D

Misphit, GDCarrington and 45auto like this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Wowzers, the limited edition bunghole safety razor! :rofl: It looks like something out of a Beavis and Butthead cartoon. But only 10 bids before it sold? And that must be a mistake - surely it was $475 and not $4.75. ;)

Spit_Fire and Misphit like this.
  7. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

Already happened a couple of years ago, on the UK site. I only saw the links after the sale. Box of dirt from one of the fields at Glastonbury.
    I did however watch a bucket of sea water sell. I don't recall the price because of the seller and buyer locations. The seller was in Brighton, south coast of England, buyer was in Blackpool, north coast of England. Yep, both right on the seashore!

Misphit likes this.
  8. DeanoG

DeanoG New Member

Don't forget the tetanus shot before using as well...

9. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Even more disturbing is that it received 10 bids.

I wonder if it will show up in the "Haul"-thread here :D

Jasio78 likes this.
  11. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

I think the weirdest thing, is that the seller for some reason listed it in the toy category. Stuffed animals to be specific. The guy clearly has a chip on his shoulder regarding razor collectors, but he may have picked the wrong audience for his prank.

12. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

It will leave an indelible impression on you for sure.