OCT 30 Day Rule/Focus Pic & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Bama Samurai, Sep 30, 2015.

?

Since it is autumn, how do you feel about menthol?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2015.
  1. I'll have a double of Osage and a TSD ISZ chaser!

36.2%
  2. I like a little, but not too cold. Fun once in a while!

32.8%
  3. I don't care for menthol, you guys are nuts!

6.9%
  4. I have not yet tried a menthol shave product.

6.9%
  5. I'm new, but the pedantic Bama Samurai says no heavy menthol until I master technique!

6.9%
  6. I am just here for the cookies!

10.3%
  1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

OCtober Focus Day 30:

Homemade PS Oil
    Stirling Synthetic Brush
    TOBS Eton College SC
    Gillette New LC
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Canoe AS

I guess I didn't save the picture from this morning, but it was a great wrap up to my final shave of the OC razors. I enjoyed just about all of them, except the Micromatic.

I was really impressed by the New LC, it provides a great shave. The Schick Type C1 is also great; these really might be my favorite razors. For some reason, the C1 does not seem as aggressive as the C3 I have, but I plan on doing some more comparison next month. And, of course the Phoenix was as dependable and smooth as ever. I will say that these past few days of riding the cap has changed my shaving. I see now that continuing to work on the small variables can make a shave better.

2. Norcalnewb

If that continues, I sure wouldn't want to be playing first base for the Royals.

3. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Ah ha! Looks like we've found another Seamhead!

(Cookie Hotdog for you! )

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

@Joef
    I Promise everything on 30 Day thread remains the same. nOVember thread is for guys who want to take part in it, but is is like Arko April, Focused February, No Buy July, Adjustable August, SEptember, OCtober, a recommended activity, but all rules and foci are welcome. The shenanigans must go on!

5. Bama Samurai

Welcome back amongst the living!

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thank you so much! It feels good to be upright, I ate some homemade chicken soup, now I'm trying to catch up with everything I missed out on.

7. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Photos please.
    I think we deserve to know what The Big D looks like when it comes looking for us!
    :scared003:

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Be careful. Adam also uses Mandom aftershave.

Drygulch, Norcalnewb, wmbjr and 2 others like this.
  9. wristwatchb

You might want to hang on to the items you don't like. Try them again in six months, and your experience with them may be different.

10. wristwatchb

I don't have a Wolfman OC.

Bill_F, Drygulch, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

If I had an extra Wolfman, I would surely think of you. ;)

12. wristwatchb

It was a worth a try.

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Love your handle on the stats. Amazing stuff. You need to be in the booth! Oh, and just for you.......I seriously don't think KC will lose two in a row.

Bill_F, Drygulch, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

OCtober - Trick or TREET
    October 31

Razor - Gillette '46-'47 Aristocrat
    Blade - rapira-platinum-lux.jpg (2)
    Brush - Omega Pro 48
    Soap - Proraso Green Tub
    Post - Cold Water, Alum, Nivea Original

Last day of the month and it's a cold, rainy and spooky one! As it should be. Decided to finish Russian so grabbed the Aristocrat and dug out a Rapira PL I used during the Tournament of Blades. It lost in the first round so this will be its second shave. The PL is one I usually like pretty well. One of the platinum blades that my face actually doesn't mind having around. And, as a final "free shave" before NOVember I got the Pro 48 and Proraso together for a great aromatic lather. Only did two passes as the blade seemed a bit rough, which makes me think this may actually be its 3rd shave. Anyway, not perfect but I wasn't looking for that. Two passes to a DFS, Alum wasn't too hot and I used the Nivea to condition everything before heading out in the cold and wet to do my thing.

First stop today - the post office where my Wolf Whiskers brush was waiting for me. You can check out the pics of it in the Brushes forum. Hope you all have a haunting and enjoyable night. Don't let the werewolves bite!

samhain82.jpg

Bill_F, Drygulch, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Gillette Flare tip (A3) 1955
    Blade: Personna Platinum (5)
    Brush: Fendrihan Silver Tip Black Handle-22/49
    Soap: TSD Iced Barber Shoppe
    A/S: Floid Vigoroso
    Day 31
    I finished my 30 day focus yesterday so I continued with the same razor, blade, and brush combination for one more day. I had a great shave again and look forward to see what happens next month.
    Enjoy the Mets win tonight.:happy102:
    10 31 15.jpg

wristwatchb, Bill_F, Drygulch and 6 others like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

17. Norcalnewb

During this time of year, give me hotdog over a cookie any day!

wristwatchb, Bill_F, Drygulch and 2 others like this.
  18. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Final OC shave of this focus month and I know now that I saved the best razor for last! During the month I found this wonderful, rhodium plated 1937 Sheraton for sale on TSN for $60. I couldn't pass up the deal. The finish is spotless. Immediately I found this razor to be noticeably light. It's feels very comfortable in my hand and the "sweet spot" angle was immediately apparent. The Gillette 7 O'clock Blue blade (reflected in the head) was barely noticeable, but it easily and smoothly mowed down the day-and-a-half stumble. A wonderful BBS on the first use!
    [​IMG]

Boojum1, wristwatchb, Bill_F and 4 others like this.
  19. Bama Samurai

:signs089:

wristwatchb, Norcalnewb and Drygulch like this.
  20. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Death.jpg

wristwatchb, Bill_F, Herm2502 and 5 others like this.