OCtober 2016 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Sep 30, 2016.

?

It's OCtober. Any plans for Halloween?

1. Going to sit home and hand out candy to the kiddies.

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Going to lock the door, turn off the lights and ignore the kiddies.

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Building a haunted house for the kiddies, but just fun, not terribly scary.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Building a haunted house for the kiddies designed to scar their psyches for life.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Building a haunted house for the Cartel members - complete with vodka.

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Attending a party on our own.....who cares about the kiddies and Cartel?

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. It's Oreo month you idiot! Why haven't you mentioned cookies?

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Mmmmmmmm.........Oreos.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Hope things go well. Heart issues are no fun at all.

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good advise with the finger on the anvil. It is a tried and true method. Most definitely the difference between a tap and a hit. I learned it from a Blacksmith years ago. :happy088:

wristwatchb, Drygulch, RyX and 2 others like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh no, what did I do?????? :(

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Yes, there is something going on somewhere, but what.:signs002:

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy097:

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Timeless Stainless Steel Open Comb w/Timeless Pineapple Handle
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
    Brush: Shavemac Zebra, Honeycomb 2 Band
    Soap: Route 66 Rum Runner
    Aftershave: Folsom Shady Past
    Each shave with this razor gets better each and every time. One thing I like about the Timeless OC is how the blade snaps into place when you load the blade on the inside of the head. One gentle push in the middle of the blade and it securely snaps into place. Even if you don't do that you will hear it snap into place when you tighten down the handle. Great feature IMO.
    A 3 pass with the slightest clean up to finish and a very, very, very near BBS. The Gillette Platinum is working fine along with the Route 66 Rum Runner soap. It is very easy to lather as it is slick. The Shavemac 2 band is a great brush.
    24 10 16d.jpg

wristwatchb, twhite, RyX and 10 others like this.
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Take careful of yourself and wishing you improved health.

8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I detect a disturbance in the force. I shaved with a DE twice in the past 7 days. Times are strange.

wristwatchb, Paul Turner, RyX and 6 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Twice? In a week? Now I'm scared! :scared003:

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I procured a brush-good one for now, but I'm looking ahead.

11. champagneinhand

champagneinhand Well-Known Member

Trying to decide between a Muhle R41 or a Fattip Piccolo. Why am I even bothering? Probably should just go back to straights a few times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Good idea to go back to straights but that isn't the solution to your dilemma. The solution is simple....Muhle R41 or Fatip Piccolo.....BOTH!

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

No harm, no foul Paul! Policy is "It's your face, your shave!"
    But when I realized you hadn't succumb to the Required Minimum number of Aquisition Disorders I felt duty bound to step up. You have resisted the hardcore Enabelers Squad that ensures we all try everything at some point. I did my part by getting some Unobtanium headed your way. That soap is only a legend to most folks. Lots of guys here weren't born before it was reformulated. About the only way to get some is through Estate Sales. There was a rumor about the blocked off sections of the Statue of Liberty. Opps, did I type that out loud? I thought I'd introduce you to a Really Good Soap, and now you have found a brush! See? everything is going according to The Grand Plan.

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

tap tap tap..
    Neal? Is this line secure? We ought to keep our Enabling Posts separated by a couple regular messages so they don't catch on.
    I'll switch off the Super Secret Message Scrambler now. See ya at the next meeting.
    ...click

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Roger, message received and rescrambled per protocol. I was never here. Seriously. Just a figment of @Bama Samurai 's imagination.

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

We-interrupt-this-program-emergency-broadcast-system-distraction-law-of-attraction.jpg
    We are officially a week away from Samhain/Halloween. So.........BOO! Scared you didn't I. :bounce015: What's actually important to this thread is that it will finish up OCtober. What a great month this has been. Lots of great OC razors out there along with some pass around action, straights, and all the rest. I really enjoy the months when we see so many great vintage and new razors show up as well. Between classic Gillette Old Styles and Fatips and all the others it's awesome.

So, just to give you a heads up....November is a week away and in many circles it is a month that people use for No Shave November. Well, we can't have that here now can we. So, like last year I declare it to be NOV(ariation)ember. Basically, for those who want, it will be a month of settling into one razor, soap, blade (if appropriate) and brush and spending the month on that setup. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's basically a Rule - but it doesn't have to be just to learn something new. It can be to spend 30 days with a favorite setup, or can include a focus element like changing soaps. Really, in my interpretation, it's more about staying with razor/blade for sure and the whole setup if you want. Clear as mud?

So - start figuring out what your NOVember setup will be or what you'll be doing for the month if not that. I'm sure we'll see some great razors out there again and have a lot of fun along the way. One teaser - I have a new toy arriving in the next week or so that I just won on the bay. It's similar to something I already have yet different. It will make an appearance in NOVember or maybe more than one!

Thanks for a great month so far and let's keep it going for the final week!

broadcast.jpg.a53a8927c7c3ae6f56f7ce701c940859.jpg

wristwatchb, wmbjr, Drygulch and 8 others like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You rang? Yeah I am in. Magic Salon Razor, Voskhod, Arko, Plisson. AS not covered in the rules, but Veg all month too.

Carry on.

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

My first steps into wet shaving after I understood I'd purchased a RSO was an Annie Disposable Shaver and brush. It looked much the same. I have no photos, and later PIFed both to a friend. Don't even remember what brand of DE blades I used. I was able to shave with it but soon bought my first Gillette DE.
    Chris @Bama Samurai why this razor?

19. Bama Samurai

Why not?

All Razors are the same. Wanna check it out of the Samurai Library for a 30 Day NOVember? Wanna master shavette? Just cut your DE blades with heavy scissors or shears, lengthwise, while still wrapped in paper, you are good to go with any DE Blade. It's fun like straights, but less hassle. Same long lasting BBS results for those with the techniques.

I would gladly switch to my Leopard. Because... All razors are the same. ☺

20. Bama Samurai

24 October 2016

Schick Adjustable Detour Shave

[​IMG]

Let's try 7, shall we?

Automatic!

Wow I am tired. Other than that...all is quiet in Colorado.

Have a terrific Tuesday!