***October Newbie Give-Away***

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 30, 2014.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Shave Den and several of it's vendors & members would like to welcome Newbies to The Shave Den by giving you a chance to win some great shave gear!

This Months Prizes
    The Shave Den Shop

A $10.00 Gift Certificate

Ginger's Garden
    A $10 Gift Coupon

@markjnewcomb
    5- Feather Blades
    5- Voskhod Blades
    5- Ladas Blades
    Razorock Brain Freeze

@Bristle Me
    Omega 49 Pro Boar Brush
    New in box black handle

The Rules
    1. Newbies must have registered within the month of the contest.
    (example; register@TSD in July, sign-up for contest in July)
    only exception - Newbies who register on the last day of the month, will be allowed to enter either that month's contest or the next. Not both though.
    (I'm sorry if you missed out on your drawing month, but this is the only way I can keep track of who has and has not entered a drawing already. Please don't ask to be included if you don't meet the 3 rules.)
    2. Newbies must post their interest in this thread.
    (Your name will go on the list when you express your interest, but that does NOT mean you are in the drawing. You still must meet the post requirement, see rule #3.)
    3. Newbies must make 15 posts within the month they are eligible for this give-away.

4. It will be the contest entrants responsibility to check back in this thread to see if you won, no PM will be sent to the winner.

5. Any prizes not claimed within 30 days will be forfeited.

Please, no chatter in this thread.
    You can ask questions in another thread, or a private message.
    Thank you.

All Newbies are welcome to sign up, prizes will ship worldwide.
    The contest closes at 12:00am EST on the 1st day of the next month.
    Winning names will be drawn using the List randomizer here.
    TSD is not responsible for delivery of prizes other than those provided by TSD Store.

Entries
    1. dbersh
    2. Radiotube
    3. clint64
    4. FlightMedic
    5. Norcalnewb
    6. gillette24
    7. Jostalli
    8. theFat98
    9. Greg F.
    10. ScottsBar
    11. Sanity Removed
    12. Jasio78
    13. priest2705
    14. ARGH
    15. Alan H
    16. mikewood
    17. Fuzzy

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Very interested, please include me. This is a great way for newbies to jump in and get involved. Thank you.

RaZorBurn123 and Bristle Me like this.
  3. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I'm a newbie here, but not to shaving with a DE shaver and blades. I currently use a Parker 96R and use Derby Extra blades. I'm interested in going vintage, however, and want to acquire a Gillette Super Speed from the last quarter of 1959, my birth quarter. I found and won an auction today on the Bay for what I think is a 1958 TV Special model of the Gillette Super Speed, which is in the mail already (according to the seller). Excited to find this forum and participate. I look forward to making my shaving experience more pleasurable with what I learn from my peers here. Thanks for providing this forum that I can learn from.
    Kevin

Shotwell, Bristle Me and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am interested. Thanks for coming up with such a great way to make Newbies feel welcome.

Bristle Me and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

I am new here and interested. Great forum, great info.

Thank You,
    Bill G

Bristle Me likes this.
  6. Aeacus

Aeacus New Member

I'm new and interested, I agree that it's a really cool way to be involved in the community from the very start!

Bristle Me likes this.
  7. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

I'll throw my name in the hat! This place has tons of great info and the people have been more than helpful.

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I am new to the forum and interested.

9. gillette24

gillette24 Active Member

I am a newbie and am interested in the giveaway. thank you!!

10. masmgrif

masmgrif New Member

Hi new(ish) to this DE shaving lark after years of wandering in the multi-blade wilderness. RAD has set in quickly though, 3 and counting in 6 weeks: Merkur 34cHD; Progress 570, and Mühle R41 Twist. Already looking at a slant -Ikon or Merkur 37c??- and I like the look of the ATT Atlas R2. Also need a good brush. Tempted by Vie-long 50/50 Horsehair brush. I'm done for aren't I?

Bristle Me likes this.
  11. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

OK, I am in

12. SmoothNonCriminal

SmoothNonCriminal New Member

New here to this forum and am interested in any of the prizes, but my interest is mostly focused on the $10 gift certificate the shave den shop -or- the blades. Thanks for the opportunity.

Bristle Me likes this.
  13. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Count me in.

Interests.

Gillette razors, Mitchell's wool fat, mikes natural shave soaps, institut karite, pre de provence, razorock soaps, tobs avocado, gft coconut cream, feather blades. Really anything wet shaving.

14. Greg F.

Greg F. Well-Known Member

Well, I'm new here and also American which by default means I love free stuff so count me in! My interests are anything and everything that makes the morning ritual more enjoyable! Glad I found this website. I've learned so much already and have only scratched the surface.

15. Muffinhead

Muffinhead Well-Known Member

I will start working on my 15 posts immediately. I am interested.

Bristle Me likes this.
  16. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the welcome but I have the shaving gear I need and would rather see these prizes go to a newbee who could use a good starter.

Bristle Me likes this.
  17. ScottsBar

ScottsBar New Member

New to the Shave Den and new to the wet shave world. Hoping to learn as much as possible as this has become a fun and relaxing hobby and charity (Movember)! PS I'm definitely in!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  18. Thanks for the invite, I'm in.

19. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the invite. Consider me in please for the draw.

20. priest2705

priest2705 Well-Known Member

I'm appreciative of the giveaway opportunity, and the warm welcome that I've received so far. I'd definitely be interested in the Omega 49

RaZorBurn123 likes this.