Ogaallala bay rum & vanilla

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jeff fugate, Feb 11, 2018.

1. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

I just shaved with Ogallala bay rum and vanilla soap and it was an awesome shave, lathers up easily and smells great. I had more than enough lather for 2 passes and could have easily done 3. This is a great reasonably priced soap.

2. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

I just used it again and it is still pretty good stuff, I guess there isnt alot of interest in it though!

9nein9 and MR41 like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I think there are some Ogallala users here. When I first started traditional wet shaving again in 2014, I had some. I don't really care for the melt and pour style of soaps. It's good that you are getting good shaves and that is what counts. Enjoy.

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have no experience with the soaps, but the aftershaves are fantastic. Not only the scent, but the skincare.

DesertTime likes this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I haven't used their products in quite a while... I kinda just stopped using aftershave. But, they do make some fantastic scents.

6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I have more experience with their aftershaves than their soaps.

7. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

I have all the aftershaves and like them all.

8. Primotenore

Article Team
    I have always wanted a sniff of the Reserve, Double-Strength something-or-other Bay Rum.

9. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

Maybe I don't have them all then, I have the regular Bay Rum, the vanilla Bay Rum, the orange Bay Rum, the sandalwood, the limes and peppercorn, and the cedar.

10. Primotenore

Article Team
  11. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I love most of the Ogallala soaps. My current favorite is the Bay Rum & Sweet Orange.

12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The Ogallala soap made a strange cottage cheese consistancy of lather that I personally didn't care for. The aftershaves on the other hand are quite nice, especially the 2oz sampler pack.

13. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

I do love the aftershaves, I didnt notice the soap being like cottage cheese, but I have only used it a couple times.

14. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I’ve been using it at least 4-5 years. I think the lather’s great. Not clear on the cottage cheese comment. I haven’t seen that with any soap.