Oh Edwin, you glide across my face like butter on a hot pancake

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Mike Ptomey, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Mike Ptomey

Mike Ptomey New Member

My wife gave me an Edwin Jagger DE89 for Christmas. I used it that afternoon to clean up for Christmas dinner. The shave was fantastic. The weight of the razor is perfect. The chrome is beautiful. It is an amazing razor at a solid price. I used a Derby blade and found the shave to be smoother and more effective than with my Merkur 180. I know that I am not sharing any new information. I just wanted to add to the chorus of praises of those razor makers from Sheffield.

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

AHA! More proof that Derby's are not bad blades, just picky for some people ;) Now to have me stop laughing because for some reason I read the thread title as "you glide across my face like a hot pancake".

JRod22 likes this.
  3. Mike Ptomey

Mike Ptomey New Member

I will use a buttered pancake for my next pre shave routine. :)

4. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Some have shaved with butter..both regular and peanut. Come to think of it..peanut butter could be kinda nice on pancakes..but then it goes well with just about anything..:love029: .

jeraldgordon and JRod22 like this.
  5. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Peanut butter on waffels! Mmmmm now that's pure deliciousness right there!

JRod22 and Slipperyjoe like this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup - peanut butter on both waffles and pancakes - done it - delicious!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new razor! May it serve you well for many years to come. :happy088:

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Peanut butter and jelly sandwhich with American or chedder cheese. The peanut butter and jelly are like the mayo and mustard, the cheese is like the meat... Trust me TRY it you'll love it...:)

But I digress, I'm also a big fan of the EJ89 Mike at least the shave head. If you want a treat for about $25 go to shaveabuck and look at the Sabi T2, its the same length(3 1/2") as the EJ handle,but the weight and knurling of the Sabi will make your EJ head Flat rock!! It will be like using another razor, an "EJ Improved" if you will!!! Just a thought...:)

8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Nice going I got an EJ89L just over a year ago from the GF, great razor and its looks and feels great also.

9. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

The EJ DE89L is my go to razor. It provides me a wonderful shave every time I use it!