OK.....A serious question on Joris

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Mr. Wonderful, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Active Member

I bought a beautiful Joris (horn handle gold plated) a month ago but my son claims it as his own. Distribution is VERY limited. I want a DE with black pinstriping or a red lacquer one. Any idea where I can find these? I'm reticent to order from Plisson due to shipping costs.

If you have patience to learn and want the closest shave possible without using a straight, the Joris is a purposeful instrument. The razor is either someone's worst nightmare or a dream come true. I bought (unbeknownst to me) a Plisson Shave Set 17 years ago from a small shop on Madison in NY. The shop was called The Art of Shaving. I used the set for 16 years and it looks like its brand new. Plisson quality is world class.

2. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

3. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

The ones you're looking for may possibly be discontinued (but I don't know this for sure - just haven't found them in my searches). Your best bet may be to peruse the B/S/T's until you find one. Eventually they will come up for sale.

4. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Active Member

Fendrihan does not carry the models I want. I have purchased from fendrihan's in the past. Thanks