Ok what is it.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by wchnu, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

You Lie! You'd tell us it was a JunkoMatic just to make us Junkomatic haters look bad. Geesh! :taunt002

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

:D WHO ME?????

3. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

:D

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

LOL yup you had the correct answer. Had me fooled and I own like 10 different MM sets. :D

5. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

I gotta agree that it didn't look at all like a Gem. I would have bet the going price of a micromatic on it!! ;)

I personally love these little wars over the Weepermatic!! Almost as much fun as getting it on with a little Williams Bashing!!! :D:D

Can't we mix the two in one thread??? :happy102:happy102:happy102

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Only if we get the "I hate AV" folks in there too. then we got a fight... :D

7. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Well I can stand in on that one if you would like!!!! :D

(It is a little like Febreeze after all!)

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Not happening.

9. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

I have never experienced a thread comparing personal preferences on soaps or razors as a 'fight' in the negative sense. Really, it can be a lot of fun - more like humorous sparring ::kngt

I have learned lots myself this way. Sometimes I have been personally dead set against something - and then after putting forth a really weak argument for how I understand something to be, somebody else's logic triumphs - and I have been converted!! And, when it is fun - there is twice the chance I will actually learn something!

(The Weepermatic however - lol - I shall never convert to that one!!! For me though, it is just plain old fashioned fun to playfully bug others about their use of that crazy thang!!)

I am very grateful to those who apply humor when learning. Certainly on forums like this. And for those that get a little out of hand, I think Eleanor Roosevelt got it right a few years ago:

"When you know to laugh and when to look upon things as too absurd to take seriously, the other person is ashamed to carry through even if he was serious about it.”

VIVA The Shave Den!!!! (thnx for creating and maintaining this wonderful site My Queen!!)

10. Queen of Blades

Eleanor never experienced the internet.

The fact is if others don't know whether you are joking or not, things get out of hand.

11. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

your memory is close but not quite right. I *bought* a mm and told you about it and you loaned me a host of other SEs so I didn't judge SEs by my experience with the mm. Micromatics aren't bad razors- they aren't for everyone, ahem *me* ahem. And they do take some learning to use properly, especially the open comb variety.

lets not and say we didn't.

+1000. vocal inflection doesn't come across in print.

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I am afraid I am the one who sold you that MM. I know I sold you something once upon a time...

13. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

really? if so, you loaned me an m.p. r89 later and made up for it.

14. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

True.... actually now that I think about it.. I think the MM was sold to Tom. Maybe that is why he doesn't show up as much now... :happy102

15. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

I have heard tell about this kind of thing.

(At this point, I would normally add a humorous yet respectful support to this thought - but I can see I should refrain)

Ok

16. should always be careful when buying equipment on ebay. There are so many people, but others are not ...

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Hog wash.,

I put a smiley on and it was my thread to start with and had several of my friends in it continuing a subject that is old stuff to us. Folks that can't see the good nature harranging in it are lost anyway. Just my opinion.

18. Queen of Blades

And you are welcome to it. But I don't share it.